Box for V-Max

Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 10
I'm getting two V-Max's and i need a good box for them
it would be nice to have it ported, but i dunno if i can fit that in my car
i've got about 2, 2.5 feet of heigh, about 5 feet width, and about 36" of length...
What can i do with this in terms of boxes?
i wanna get the most SPL i can outta this thing

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 876
can u afford an ss box?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1584
Sub, I don't think he's gonna want a ss box for 2 vmax's. The box would cost more than both the subs. John, your gonna want to build a good ported box, tuned higher if you want max. spl. Higher as in the 40's.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 877
yea...but with the ss box..you can put a poopy sub in the box and the sub will be that much better...just a suggestion...right now im considering MAKING my friend put one of his sony p5's in a ss box...just to see what its like

atljmer
Unregistered guest
I dont mean to steal the thread but since his question was answered and I dont feel the need to start a new thread... I was going to get a ported box and it is suggested that it be tuned to 38 hz. But I have a tahoe and the guy said tune the box to about 48 hz and in a tahoe it will really be 38 hz. I thought if a box is tuned to 38 it sounds like 38. Anyone care to shed some light on this...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1587
Oh my gosh.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
How big would a 2.6ft ported box be? or wat's the smallest box i can go with to get ported and still good sounding?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1588
Uhh, yeah...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1846
hey atljmer that is one of the most rediculiuos things I have ever heard. he just wants you to be more impressed with his install when pos in a pop song around 45htz and it slams you away but that is not a good thing man dont listen to him stay to what the manufacturer recomends.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1589
Dang man, some times it takes a fricken hour to post a message. What I meant to say was uhh yeahh, if it's tuned to 38 then it's tuned to 38. That guys a douche.

John - "How big would a 2.6ft ported box be?"

A 2.6 cf box is gonna be 2.6 cf, lol. It's not huge, but it's not small either. Just imagine a box about 2 feet wide, 1.25 feet deep, and 1 foot tall. That would be a 2.5 cf box, 2.6 isn't much bigger.

atljmer
Unregistered guest
thanks guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well the V-max's need 2.6cu. ft per sub
if i put two of them in there...
will that fit within my space of like...40"?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1850
ok well 16in(h)x34in(w)x20in(d) is right around 5 cubic ft you should be able to fit that fine. remember thats using 3/4in mdf and thats outside dimensions not inside. very easy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us