Viper 600 help

Username: Ramrod5000

Post Number: 2
Ok I have a 94 chevy suburban. When I purchased
the vehicle it had the alarm already in it, but
no remotes.
I went down to a local alarm shop and
purchased an aftermarket one, and they programmed it for me. The alarm has the auto door locks and the remote start in it. The propblem I have been having is that the remote will only work if I have it touching the drivers side window or under th dash then arm or disarm it.
I tried looking at the system under the dash. I did undo all the tie straps cause I had found 2 wires, one blue and one black that come out of the brain, not through a harness but out the end of it apart from the harness.
Both are not connected, the blue is stripped exposing just the tip of it and it is straight as if it was on a connector and came lose, the black has another piece of black wire connected to it,like an extension, and the end is stripped exposing a good amount of wire but it is all bent up like it was wrapped around a ground or something.
I examined everything under the dash and I am unable to find anything that looks like it was coonected to these wires. Now I am not sure if this is the cause of my problem, I am just trying to see if possibly something came lose.
What I found under the dash was the brain, a valet box that I believe said 551t on it, and a bunch of what I beilieve are relays. I looked all over the web, and this as well as other forums, and I can not find a wiring diagram for this specific one. I found other vipers but none that match it.... any help would be much apreciated as I am obviuosly not an alarm installer just a layman trying to fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us