Alternator ?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1776
hey guys I dont know which one of you have upgraded your electrical system here but I want to know of a good reputable alternator company. I have aa 200 amp mean green alternator for my Jeep now and I am not impressed one bit to say the least. Any info would be great. thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1540
How come your not impressed? What's wrong with it?

I'm getting mine from www.motorcityreman.com if you wanna check that out.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1779
I think its ratings are kind of like a sony amp at peak power. lol I need something with a better rating at idle. I have found a really good one that is highly recomended but it is $650 so thats a little steep.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1549
$650, ouch, I hope it idles at like 300 amps for that fricken price, ha. How much do you think the Mean Green is idling at right now? It's a 200 isn't it?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1805
yeah its a 200 but I dont think it puts that out at idle I mean I know it doesnt cause I can watch my amp guage drop from 14 to like 11 when I am at a red light with my system turned way up. as soon as I hit the gas it jumps back up to 14 but I need more at idle. I need a true 200 amp alt so I am looking for a good company. When I bought the mean Green it was recomended by a few people I go 4-wheelin with to run my system and all my lights on my truck but I AM unimpressed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us