Guys I need your help !!!

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 150
Whats the deal with Phoenix Gold ... is a good brand? I am gonna power two Ascendant Audio Atlas 15's and I was suggested to use the PG 8:01 i think thats the model but I was wondering what you guys think of PG

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 247
Let me save Isaac the trouble...JL/Zapco/Orion/PPI/Xtant

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1830
Ha ha, very funny. Well Phoenix Gold isn't a bad amp. I however find that some of them if not most are made overseas.
For great sounding amps, do take "TB's" advice :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
Since you're looking at PG, sounds like you have a budget, so look at JBL, MTX, US Acoustics, Polk Audio, Memphis Audio, Soundstream, Kicker, RF, and Alpine.
I listed the above brands just to make Jonathan happy. He's complaining that he can count the number of brands I recommend all the time. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
So issac what would u think about this?
2 15 inch Atlas'
with the MTX 1501d?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1837
That'll work well. MTX do under rate their amps and I didn't have any problem so far with them.
Do visit a store and listen to it in person.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1786
hey Mike that amp will destroy those subs. those subs are made for low power 250-300 watts max. I would recomend 2-avalanche 15's with that amp id would drive them perfectly. I didnt know if you were familiar with those subs in particular Isaac thats why I jumped in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1838
Oh thanks, I was expecting those subs to be 500w rms or more. Well I guess he can use self control with the volume knob. :-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1788
for some reason I dont see that being an option here.lol those subs are designed for high output with very little power. the only come in 4ohm. they are a dual 2ohm VC pre wired to series 4ohm use. using 2 of them mike would yield a two ohm load and 1500 watts from that amp go with the avalanche's you will be very impressed with that amount of power. I have one with 600 watts and it is very nice. Like I said before you live pretty close to me you could hear the avalanche before you buy it if you want. but hey thats up to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
so James would the 801d take care of them then if i ran it at 2 ohms?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1789
yes just take at easy with it like I said they are recomended at around 300 and you will be giving them 400 they should be very loud with that amount of power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us