What amp??

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 63
alright i have an 18" avalanche now i need a new amp to power it. so far im thinking about the kx1200.1 or the hifonics 1500d. which one is better, or any other ideas? Also im selling my old amp ppi pcx1500

Silver Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 137
I like the hifonics better. its cheaper, puts out a little more power, and its relieable (not saying that kicker isn't reliable). A friend of mine has had 2 1500d's for years without any problems. good amps.

Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new to all this and have a few questions. I just bought a truck and need a system. I was thinking of going with either Boston Acoustics SL60 components or Infinity 6.1's, and 1 ten inch Image Dynamics sub. I want to run all of this off one amplifier, what would be the best and most cost effective choice? Thanks for your help in advance.

Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 2
I also already have an Alpine 9813 HU and was wondering what level, width and frequency were, thanks again.

Unregistered guest
hello. i am from england and have a 4 door suzuki. i'm kinda nu to this sound system thing. i hav a sony xplod head unit, 52x4, CDX-F5700. i need nu door speakers that are powerful and good quality. i don't really want to spend more then 120quid on these. i want to put this package in my car:
2 x Pioneer 12" TSW-305C 800W subwoofers
Kenwood KAC-7201 amplifier (1 x 800W)
12" double-sealed carpeted box
questions on these are, are the subs good quality n powerful and also is the 800 watts between both subs or is it 800watts each? please let me kno. thanks. d'arcy

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1833
Hey David, Boston and Infinity are both good speakers. You'll just have to listen to them for yourself and decide.
As for the amp, you can run all with one amp. Try PPI's PC/PCX series amp/Orion's HCCA G4/Xtant/MTX.
To use speakers and sub from one amp, you will need to purchase non polarized capacitor and a coil for the sub. The instruction will come with the amp, so don't worry.

D'arcy, for low budget, Infinity coaxial ($70 average) sounds great. If you have a bit more to play with, then try components such as Boston/Infinity/Polk/Diamond/CDT/Focal.
Pioneer and Kenwood don't make the best quality car audio, but it'll work fine in your case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us