A bit of help please...

Username: Shawnm123456

Post Number: 1
Id like to get a pyramid super blue 2 channel amp and legacy sapphire lw1057 10 inch subs. The amp is at

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=193

and the subs are at

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=73

I also like these legacy 6x9 speakers...

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6952

I want to use the amp for my subs, and hook my speakers to the deck. Im gonna spend most of my money on a good deck. I'd like to know if this setup will work and if it will be good or not. Im a little confused by the WATTS, RMS, OHMS and all that. Sites have all the specs and info about the subs, amp and speakers if u need.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 35
OMG if you want a "good" system do not get this set up pyramid and legacy are not that good of brands. did u look at that amps rms rating its only like 70 watts per channel if u want a low cost system look into kicker, mtx, and jbl just to name a few. those brands i just named will sound, get louder, and last longer and won't cost much more

Post Number: 2
ya, i have like 400... shitty :-(

Post Number: 3
alright, thanks...

i have about $600 to spend and like i said... a good deck is what im getting first. Ill look into those brands u named. Those prices were canadian by the way.

Post Number: 4
is there n e thing else i should know when matching RMS and all that?

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 36
kicker mtx and jbl don't make "decks" as far as i know. i really don't know that much on decks just alpine and pioneer are some good brands, for subs i would look into kicker cvrs with a kicker or mtx 300 watts per channel amp that would probaly cost 500 dollars give or take also wat size of subs are you looking for. check ebay or http://www.woofersetc.com/store.asp they have some very good products for cheap prices just stay away from audiobahn subs they are pretty crappy also

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
hahaha, RMS output @ 4ohms : 75 watts

:-P that sux!

Im not even gonna look at the subs.

Get a better system.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
by the way,

WATTS: usually measured as 'peak' or 'maximum' or sometimes fancy words such as 'dynamic'....Dont worry about these numbers, they are complete bull$hit!

RMS: the ACTUAL power output, the only way to get a true idea what equpiment can do, this can be exagerated aswell, but with good brands they ususally are pretty close.

OHMS; measure of resistance. The lower the ohms on a speaker, the harder the amp hooked up to that speaker is going to work (so you get more power out of your amp) but you can only run your amp as low as the manufacturer states in the specifications. Basically you looking at a MINIMUM
of 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged, mono class D amplfiers can see much lower ohms than this (thats why they are best for subs) If you have a DVC (dual voice coil) sub, and each coil is 4 ohms, then that speaker on its own can only be hooked up to an amp as either 2 ohms or 8 ohms (series wired vs. parallel) The more subs you run the more flexible it becomes.

Some advice: Purchase a mono class D amplifer and you wont really have to worry about ohms as much as a stereo amp. U better spend a little more money now and get a system you truly like. Legacy, pyrmid, pyle, logic and all that stuff is crap! stay away from it.

Post Number: 6
I'm still looking, i found an Audiotronics magazine in the mail. How good is a Sony Xplod package with....

MONO Block Amplifier:
- 1100W Max Power
- 250W RMS per channel
- MOSFET Amplifier 2-4 Ohms
- 0.2%THD
- Low Pass Filter
- Mono Block

800 Watt Subwoofer:
- 10" Sub
- 300 Watts RMS
- Single Voice Coil

I hear alot of people say Sony Xplod sucks and alot of people say its really good. the amp and sub together cost $338.88.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1521
Forget it man.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1067
600 huh? atlas 145.....
hifonics bx500 150 ?
alpine 98.. dont remember which one 200- 250
that my friend is in your region.

Post Number: 7
explain....

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1524
what's to explain?
the atlas is an ascendant audio atlas:
www.ascendantaudio.com

the hifonics is the amp, look for one on ebay

the alpine 98 is the series of the Alpine headunit. Look for the 9830, or the 9813.

Post Number: 8
too confusing, i give up!

:-(

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1528
seriously?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1071
atlas=sub
hifonics=amp
alpine=cd player

Post Number: 9
I'll wait till i come back from Lloydminster with my deck and speakers. Then i'll know how much $$$ i have left to spend on an amp and subs. My sisters bf will help me look. And i'll stay away from those crappy brands. Can you recommend any sub and amp combos for about.... like $200-$400 (canadian money)i can buy when i get back?

Thanks for all ur help everyone!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Make that $200-$300 i'll have to spend on amp and sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us