Need more sound

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 56
hey, i just finished installing my 13W7 and 2 500/1's in a ported box and it sounds great. but now my mids and highs are almost wiped out, lol.

i have fiberglass kick panels with boston RC620's being powered by an alpine mrv-t420, about 125 watts x 2. (mb quartz won't fit because of flush mounting system)
in the rear i have boston fx 6.5's powered by the head unit (alpine cda 9813) but they might as well not even be there, can't hear them at all.

any suggestions on how to get more sound up front? new components? more power?....

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1945
You might want to try higher powered components with a better amp. Alpine isn't the best when it comes to power and SQ.
Have you listen to PPI's Art series 600.2 amp? It'll blow the paint off your Alpine amp. Ok it's a bit exaggerated but you will hear SQ improvement.
Unless you have a phase shift, the rear speakers will be over powered by your sub.

Unregistered guest
so how about hook up directions how does the wires go for component speakers and a amp etc.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1948
Laserpitman what are you asking? Do you have component system?

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 95
oh i know that alpine sucks, i need to replace it with something better. my coponents say they can handel up to 275 watts, but idk about that.

i was looking at the JL XR's, i can bi amp/wire thoes with 2 300/2's, you think they can handel that much? kinda wanna keep everything JL

as for the rear, i'm just gonna take thoes out and just run the front components
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us