Subwoofer Install

Anonymous

Hey everyone, just wanna say I appreciate your taking the time to read this thread, since I'm sure this is something that's been dug up over and over again, or maybe even not, but nevertheless, appreciate the feedback. Anyways, when it comes to car audio I really have not a clue so am just going to throw my specific situation out there. I've been planning to install a pair of Alpine MRD-M301 mono amps in my car for some time now, for powering a single 10" subwoofer, but don't know where to start. I have 2 main questions that'll probably get me up and on my way though. My first, wrt wiring of the amps, is how can I go about wiring the two Alpines to this single 10" sub? Are there any sort of connectors or something I need to combine the two wire outputs from the amps into a single one for the sub? And secondly, what sub would work best in this set-up, meaning make the most out the two amps power? I had the Power Acoustik FBX-10 in mind, not to be specific or anything, but really don't know if this would work. I do know each amp can handle 250W RMS- at 2 ohms, at 12V, or 350W RMS- at 2 ohm at 14.4V. But that's all I really know, unfortunately. Again, all input is greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us