Isaac Read

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 217
Ok, I found a class A/B Audiobahn Mono amp, I believe the AUDIOBAHN DUB8001. Will that give me fair power, decent sound (since it's class a/b), and is it a good price? If so, then this will be the amp I buy, and I swear I will not bug anymore about amps for a while! :-)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64571%26item%3D5756239998 %26%26#ebayphotohosting

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
ISAAC LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1763
Man the links never work for me.
I checked out that amp, it's not bad. What price are you paying for it? On the site I checked, it said $399.
I tested the DUB series amp from Audiobahn. Not bad at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
I was going to pay...$229 for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1764
That's not bad at all then. Lot less than the site I checked out. It was on sale for $399.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Ok then, if you had to choose, the Audiobahn A8000T or the Audiobahn DUB8001?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
According to Audiobahn, DUB8001 is suppose to be rated higher than the Intake A8000T model.
You know what I'd recommend, Orion HCCA/PPI Art series/PC/PCX. If non of them can be had, then Audiobahn. Between those 2, I'd go with DUB. But A8000T is awfully cheap, $130. You can't beat that. If you're going to buy Audiobahn's amp, buy it from Elctric mart on eBay. They will give you 6 month warranty. They don't fix the amp, just replace it with a new one if it breaks down.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
I was thinking of getting the DUB mono amp, as well as a DUB 4 channel amp for my door speakers, since I do have a stock receiver that only puts out about 50-60 watts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1846
If your heart is on DUB then go for it. However, I would consider PPI art series/Orion HCCA/Xtant first.
Xtant makes some excellent 4 channel amps. I purchased one. What's great about it is, it comes with a balanced input option. It virtually eliminates ground loop noise pickup. I've tested it with my HU. It used to cause alternator noise whenever I connected front and rear rca together into one amp. Now with this switch, it's gone. Very handy feature. Some of the cheaper amps do not have that option.
So for subs, you have variety to choose from, but for components, invest in a good amp. You won't regret it.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 320
Wow I never knew Xtant had that feature. Isaac off the top of your head do you know of any other brands that have that feature? If not you might have just helped me out with the rebuilding of my system lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1852
Joseph, Xtant really does make one of the best 4 channel amps. A4004 and x604/604x. They all have those features and more. I think Zapco does as well, but it's not as cheap as Xtant. The difference between Xtant and Zapco/JL and others is the standard rca cables used. Xtant doesn't require proprietary cable, Zapco does. If you have the money, go with Zapco, if not, Xtant is an excellent backup.
Just so you know what kind if deals are available, I purchased my A4004 amp for $124. Yes it was a steal, but sometimes you get lucky. I've seen 604x amp go for under $300 before.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 325
Thanks Isaac im going to check out the xtant. That sounds like a great deal. I'm gonna shop around and see if I could find that model for a similar price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
Whoa, weird, Xtant and Audiobahn have a similar model number A4004 and A4004T. What's the chance they are similar?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1872
There "used" to be a law that prohibits companies from copying each other but I guess someone's slacking. Look at RockWood and RockFord, SoundStream and SoundStorm. The only exception to the law were, if the companies sold completely different products, like one's a car audio and the other sells fruits, then they usually let them pass. These guys are in the same business.
If you don't believe me, try selling a soft drink called Kiet Doke or Kiet Depsi. Somehow Coke and Pepsi will send 1000 lawyers after you!

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 133
So i guess my drink fountain goo is not a good idea? Man i quit my job and everything for that drink hopin to get rich quick! Damn!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us