Beating 10w3 i think

Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 1
First time posting on here, but been looking around but couldn't find a similar post like this
i have two questions:
one...i need to be able to beat a 10" JL sub...i think its a w3 because they were selling them out at our audio design store for about 60 bucks. My friend has it hooked upto a 250 watt 2 channel xplod amp. I think he has them bridged...but he's still not running that many watts to it. He has no box for it, its just stuck into a side panel in his truck. I've got a 600 watt 4 channel profile amp(try not to laugh)...i can't really upgrade the amp because my alternator isn't that big, only about 85 amps. So i figure i can run two subs off it by bridging it into two channels. that'd be about 150 watts to each sub at 4ohms. Anyone got any suggestions on what to get? im trying to go as cheap as possible(with the subs being new or close to it), but still getting decent subs. I'm looking at around 250 dollars as my max amount.
SQ isn't that important to me...i've been powering a Punch Z right now at 150 watts and that seems to sound fine to me, so my standards aren't that high, haha
Lemme know what you guys think!
my current subs i'm looking at now are the:
infinity reference(i know great SQ, but hows the SPL?)
Kicker Comps(VR's if i can find a good deal)
Kenwood typhoons
ID 12v3 D4 subwoofers(excellent SQ, hows SPL once again?)

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 806
id suggest the comp vr's..i had some which hit hard as hell...i mean it was crazy...or the id's are supposed to be good...wanna spend 300 bucks...ill give you a good deal on some of my stuff haha

Post Number: 2
Which ones should i save up for?
they have the new 2005 model, and then the old ones
how much difference is there?

Unregistered guest
I have had many subs and can honestly say that for the money jl wo's are hard to beat, in a slot type ported box one 12 should hammer that 10 even if it is a w3, just go a little bigger in box size and a few inches smaller in port length than what the jl site says for the specific speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 448
why go below his sub to beat it..get 1 or 2 vmax 12's in a ported box...they are like 80 or 90 bucks and get a new amp something cheap but good like a 6500d mtx

2 12 vmax - 178 shipped
1 6500d mtx - 120 bucks
ported box

for under 500 you will destroy him it wont be close

Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 1
or you can do what i did and slam his a@@ closed with one 10 go with jl 500/1 and one w6v2 or w7 10"

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1742
I agree with Joeseph that is the right way to do it not with a damn w0. Also those v-max's werenta bad idea either.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 833
idk james...i had a couple 15 inch w0's...and they hit slightly below my friends `12 inch w7...those subs cna pound...and the site says 150 watts rms...and i gave both of them about 500 watts rms..and they took it like nothing...they hit hard if you can find them...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1744
yeah sub I had one for about 3hours once and cooked the Shiot out of it. I had a friend who got one aftre I advised him not to and it sounded like absloute gargage. I do not care for the w0's in any respects. all of the other JL subs I like especially the w6's

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 834
haha...that sucks james lol....but i havent heard the w6's...supposdly they sound ungodly..id like to buy one just to hear it.

Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 7
it hurts so good

Post Number: 4
I'm looking at the V-Max's right now
they seem to have some massive Xmax, a decent rms rating, and from what i've heard, they can pound.
how big of a magnet do they use?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us