Will this amp do (Alpine MRV-F450)?

Jamboree
Unregistered guest
I'm new to car audio and the last thing I need to buy is the amp and the Alpine MRV-F450 is what I had in mind. I just want to know if I'm getting the most out of system using this amp?

If not could you guys lead me in the right direction?

This is what I have:

Car: '94 Accord
Fronts (6 1/2): 60.5cs Infinity Kappas
Rears (6x9): 9602i Infinity Reference
Sub (12"): 1 JL Audio 12W3v2

Jamboree
Unregistered guest
I also have an Alpine CDA-9805 head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 119
Alpine doesnt make the best amps,now there head units are a differant story.If your on a budget I would look at mtx or jbl,if not then go with zapco,xtant,ect. Also you will need an amp for your sub,you know that right?

Jamboree
Unregistered guest
Thanks, I didn't know I'll need a seperate amp for my sub. So is it better just to get a 4 channel and a mono amp. I haven't heard of mtx but I have heard of jbl, so I'll look into both of them.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 127
Wut is the rms of your 6x9,6 1/2,and your sub? Yes i would get a 4 channel amp for your mids,but you dont have to get a mono amp for your sub you could get a 2 channel amp and bridge it.

Jamboree
Unregistered guest
cool thanks, the rms are:

6 1/2: 90W, but it comes w/ crossovers(3.5kHz)and tweeters and the it says the tweeters are at 50 rms. I don't know if that makes a difference, just putting it out there.

6x9: 100W

subs: 300 rms

another thing about amps, are kicker amps any good b/c i have a hookup at fry's and that was what his co-workers were telling me to get. i was leaning towards alpine b/c i have another friend who could get it to me at cost. i also thought since the alpine was 5 channels that i only needed one amp. i was only trying to spend 500 on an amp possibly 600 and for sure under 800 w/o the hook ups just in case something happens.

i understand that an amp provides power to the speakers, but does it make a difference on the sound quality, like a certain amp provides more treble than bass or vice vera or is it the overall sound quality b/c i prefer a little more treble than bass.

Jamboree
Unregistered guest
If I could get a precision power amp pcx-4125 for $400 is that a good price? Also is it enough to power my speakers and sub or is it best just to power my speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1842
That's a nice amp for powering components. You can use channels one and two for your fronts, 3 and 4 for your rears and 3 and 4 bridged for your sub. That this means is that, you will need to purchase capacitors for your rear speakers and a coil for the sub. The values for the cap and coil size will be listed in the amp's manual.

Jamboree
Unregistered guest
thanks for the help

sriv
Unregistered guest
Hi Jamboree,

Are you able to get this working (channel 3 and 4 for rear and subwoofer), i am thinking of doing the samething, any feedback is appreciated.

I came across a product in crutchfield which does the function of capacitors and a coil

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=127TM100&g=82600&search=pac
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us