Do you really have to put a divideder in a dual subbox

Bronze Member
Username: Ringmaster07

Post Number: 11
i built my self a dual 12" subbox and i carpeted it and everything but i forgot to put a divider in it you know a wood between both subs is it nessessary to have one anyways will it hurt my subs if i dont have one i really need to know plz? (its a sealed box i have it caulked up and every thing and its already installed in my jeep)

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 52
you don't have to. i think a divider is just reccomended so if you blow one of the subs, you can still run the other in that box without doubling the volume.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 514
IMO its better if you do have a divider. No amp puts out the same amount of power, and no speaker functions exacally like another. So its a good idea to have them seperated.

Bronze Member
Username: Ringmaster07

Post Number: 12
but its ok it isnt gonna hurt noting right or really have a sound problem right cause i dont wanna have to rip off my carpet and take apart my box and everything again

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 56
i dont have a divder my friend doesnt either and neither of us has ever had a problem

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3436
It doesn't hurt to not have a divider, there are some minor SQ issues that are totally unnoticeable and theoretical, but it's a psychological thing. If you blow a sub, then the other will see twice the box volume and risk overexcursion. Your enclosure will also lack bracing without the divider.

Corey b.
Unregistered guest
can i get some help here with 2 15's?

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 50
i was wondering... if you run a mono block amp on one rca from a single sub out from your head unit... would you need a divider? someone at "tweeter" or hifi buys told me that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us