Big Dog Audio Rip OFF???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 302
I ordered an enclosure from bigdogaudio.com and it has now been 12 days without me being contacted. I have e-mailed them 4 times, and called 3 times with no answer at all. Are they are rip off company or does it usually take this long????

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 247
do you have aol, because that can be a reason, it can be trashing all of their email's. Becasue i know quite a few people that have ordered enclousure's from them and they received it in a timely manner.

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
no, i dont have aol. I have cable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
I only got one message, the one after i ordered. All it was was a message that my order information.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1657
I have heard good things about them from people on here but I swear I read a article a while ago that said they were a total rip-off company.

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
Anyone who has bought from them, please give me their input.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
BUMP

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
bump

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 414
I ordered a Single box from them a couple months ago. Took about 14 days after order was placed to get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
were you ever able to contact them???

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 181
I ordered a single 15" L5 box from them and it took over a month for them to send it. there used to be an 800 number to call them direct, on the web site. 1-877-582-6937
two weeks after i got the payment recieved email, I started calling them. I called them everyday. And everytime they gave me the same story about "it was shipped today."

even when my box finally came in, it looked a little roughed up. i never called and sent it back for a replacement because it took that long to FINALLY get it and i could deal with it.

but they won't be getting anymore of my money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
Atleast you got an answer, i have yet to get one. Every time i call i get an answering machine. Can you give me the number that you were able to get in contact with them. I allready tried the one you posted above a bunch of times.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
How do you cancel a credit card purchase???

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 182
i got my number off their website.
but they've changed it since then.
my order was a year ago, but i'll look for the reciept and see if the number is there.

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 416
Call up your credit card company Chris, Tell them what happend and they should cancel the purchase. BUT they may make you wait untill 30 days have pasted since the transaction was placed.

I wasnt able to contact them through email. They never repiled. But did get in contact with them over phone, They told me they were building the box and should be out soon. Couple days later it was here.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 141
I ordered a box from them on Jan 1 2005. Got an e mail confirming the order. They charged my credit card and that is the last I heard from them. Sent two e mails to them asking what was going on after about three weeks. Nothing. I did a chargeback with my credit card company and got my money back.

Never heard anythink from Bigdawg and of course never got the order. So, I guess I am not the only one, but luckily my credit card company processed my chargeback pretty quickly so I did not lose any money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
lucky you. I just called my credit card thing. They told me that they cant just cancel the charge. Now i have to go through some stupid dispute center and wait god knows how long.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 142
I had to do this too, was not just a phone call. Hopefully it will be simple for you too. In my case they sent me a "dispute form" where I explained what happened, and sent them the printed e mail I got from the company with the charges, and also sent them copies of the two emails I sent to the company that went unanswered. It took a total of about three weeks or so from the time I called to getting the credit back on my account but of course was worth it.

Save a copy of everything you have about your order because the credit card company will want it. It may take a while but hopefully you can get your money back too.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7502
hmm. I wonder what's going on there.
they used to be pretty good about everything.
ah well. time to find another cheap place to send people for prefab enclosures.

better off building your own anyway really.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1936
When a company goes bad like that, it's usually due to being bought out by another company with loose morals/business practices. It is very rare for an honest person to become a crook overnight.
I remember when I had my alternator stolen/changed by a car garage without my consent/knowledge. Somehow, they decided another car needed my stock alternator and swapped it with a CHEAP crap. Didn't notice it till it died few years later. The serial number did not match nor the manufacturer.

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 143
Glass, I remember you listing them as a decent place to get an enclosure a while back; that is why I ordered from them (not blaming you of course) so I knew that this place was, at least in the past, decent.

Like you say, something must have happened with them. Which is why I am glad I used a credit card rather than sending them a check or money order. It was only 42 bucks or so total but still it hurts to get ripped off. I got lucky.

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
Damn, i got lucky!! I check my statement today and the charge was credited back to my account.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7508
well, even I make mistakes now and then.
:P

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 144
Glass, I don't consider that a mistake, the company used to fill orders, who knows what is going on now......so, you still have your credit for one allotted mistake for this year (heh heh) just kidding.

Chris glad to hear you got your $ back! Hopefully others will read this thread and not order from them since they seem to have gone bad for some unknown reason.

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us