Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 76
rate my system at this link
http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo_gallery_album.cfm?galleryid=533

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 166
NIce system adam. I am gonna be getting all of this installed: 2 jl 500/1s feeding 2 13w6's and probably another 300/2 for my componants. I will be using 2 gauge from the battery to distribution block and also add a batcap model 800 stereo battery for 30% capacitor/70% battery backup tied to the 500/1's. I will probably also get a yellow top battery like you have. The only thing left will be the 150 HO alternator from www.mralternator.com What do you think about this. I dont have any pics yet cause its not installed yet. Did you upgrade your alternator to battery wires and battery to ground and motor to chassis etc...

p.s. i rate your system 8 out of 10 from what ive seen.. very nice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
no i didnt upgraded my alternator. idont plan on upgrading unless i have any problems. so far so good, i play my system as loud as i want with no problems. my truck comes with a 130 amp alternator already though. one of my friends had two 500/1, one 450/4 and a 300/4 and never had any problems either. he had a 130 amp alternator with 3 stiger batterys and a 20 farred cap. never had to upgrade his alternator. yes the shop upgraded my wires. ive hears good things about the batcaps. a group of guys i know own a shop and carry batcaps. they all use them on their systems. some of them are pushing over 2000 watts on stock alternators and from what they tell me, they dont have any power issues thanks to their batcaps. i wouldent think just a bat cap would be enough but seeing is believing. i guess it depends on how hard you push youre system. if youre going to be going on long 3 hour trips and plan on pushing youre system hard the whole trip then sure youre going to see light dimming issues but if you go easy on it there shouldent be any problem

you should put youre system on car stereo.com when its installed, bet its going to sound real nice. which kind of componets are you going to get. make sure you check focals componets,

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Yeah im trying to figure out everything cause the car im gonna get will probably have a 80amp alternater max. Ill be running 1200 watts true rms for sure. Probably a total current draw in amps of 120-130. I wanna stay around that. As for componants. Ive been trying to find a set to match possibly a 300/2 or somthing. Help me find a good set that i can afford. My price range for componants is around $230.00 online wise. Thanks adam

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
http://www.acaraudio.com/default.php?cPath=23_43&sort=2a&page=2

jl audio xr 6.5 $259, thats what i have

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
How do they sound adam?? I found the jls for $255 shipped at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11421

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
they sound good, they are jl's top componets. the next ones better would be focal, mb quarts, dynaaudio and kodas, but they are alot more expensive

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
Hey adam what about the Infinity kappas or perfects? Im thinking about the JL Xrs or the kappas or perfects

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
the perfects are supposed to be real good to. ive heard some complain that they are a little to bright but i have yet to hear them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
I think im gonna stick with the JL XR's unless i find somthing else better in that price range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
300/2 will work perfect on them, the xr's are under rated. i have a 450/ 4 on mine./ its 150x2 on my fronts 75x2 on my rear componets

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Im thinking about the Diamond audio m651 componants also though. They are a good deal at 199 at www.onlinecarstereo.com. Cant beat that price for those. The 300/2 is overpriced and i can get a better old school ppi art serioes a300.2 amp. Awesome amp from what everyone says and i whould save over 100 bucks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us