Someone help me plzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Marines

Post Number: 1
i have 2 sony explode 10" subs model number XS-L1030 they have a rated power of 120watts max input is 400watts and they are at 4 ohms each what would be a necessary amp 4 my subs i had a clarion APA4203 2/3/&4 channel amp i took it aprt and it had a burn mark on the board next 2 the speaker output it turns on then hits 4 a while then will stop bumping but the amp light stays on and when i turn my hu off the back on it will bass 4 about 2-3 seconds then stop bumping i had it in my trunk and it had a built in fan on it but 2 be safe i added a cpu colling fan 2 it i bought from compusa and had the ground going to the ground and the positive going to the remote so when i turn my radio off the fan goes off 2 i dont know how many watts the clarion is cuz it did not say on it but it worked fine 4 a while i just dont know what is wrong with it i was woundering if anybody know what my problem is and or what amp 2 buy thank you your help is greatly needed!!!!!!!!!!1

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1716
Your sub's power is not enough for producing strong bass. You also bought a Sony, they're one of the WORST when it comes to sound quality.
As for your amp, you might want to get a proper amp and dump your dying Clarion amp.
You shouldn't ever connect a device to a remote terminal. It is ONLY used to turn on and off amps. The most current HU will provide is 200ma, and cup fan uses more than that. If there isn't enough current available on that wire, your amps/device will have problem staying on. You could also blow it on your HU. Not worth the risk. If you really have to use install a 2nd fan, then open up the amp and find 5v on the board. Usually around the LED lights, there will be enough voltage for a cpu fan. That is how I did it.
If money is tight, then look at MTX amps.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
i have 2 15 inch pyramid phase 3's dunno how many watts they put out but im wondering if a 120 watt 2 channel equalizer would make a difference?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1724
Corkey what are you trying to accomplish?

Corkey
Unregistered guest
more vibration or sound than im getting with out any amps

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 171
Car EQ's must be different than my home EQ's. I don't believe I have an output on my home EQ as well as a channel connection...just tape in and out. And bands for left and right.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
more vibration or sound than im getting with out any amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Even I DON'T THINK THAT CAN BE DONE...You can bend the pitches of the frequencies, BUT you won't get the power needed without an amp of SOME sort.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
so than what size of an amp would i need just to make some more noise? i dont want to get some thing to small or too big or that kind of thing

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1402
Corkey I think your confusing yourself and all the rest of us.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
no i justy want an amp to make some noise with my 2 15's

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
If you want a lot of noise, heck, just go buy some over rated Sony amp like the Sony DS1600P5 or Sony XM-SD61X. Those will give you noise I bet, but not SQ.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
some thin cheap

Corkey
Unregistered guest
ok... i have 2 15 inch and i want an amp to make a difference but i dont know what is good i dont want to buy somethin too big or some thing not good enough so then i wasted money and time putting it in and buying it and then when i get better at all this i will know what to do and have a big system

Gold Member

Post Number: 1725
You want something cheap? Go buy Audiobahn's A8000T amp. It costs around $130 but will give you good bass. You won't find anything cheaper than that. I've tested it numerous times and it performed well.

Post Number: 3
issac what about 2 audiobahn 10" they are at a pawn shop 4 119 bucks and it has neons in it and also has like a reflective plate under the speakers i guess 2 reflect the light from the neons i can get that amp u r talking about the audiobahn A8000T 4 180 bucks brand new its around 800 watts im guessin i dont know the model of these audiobahn subs that r at the pawn shop

Gold Member

Post Number: 1737
For $119, it's not a bad package for starters. At least it's better than Sony crap.
On eBay, A8000T was going for around $130-$150. You might want to check it out.

Post Number: 4
was it refurbished or was it new

Post Number: 5
issac im seeing this one right here 4 175 bucks after s/h and insurance http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64571%26item%3D5757650479 %26%26 i was woundering if i have 2 subs would this amp b good 4 me?

Post Number: 6
issac what the hell does mono mean for amp wise i know momo means one but if i have 2 subs what amp do i need 2 channel or a mono amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1752
For subs, you can use 2 channel OR 1 channel. Doesn't matter when it comes to sound quality. The only difference is how you connect the subs.
For mono amp, you connect BOTH subs to one terminal. In 2 channel amp, you can connect each sub to it's own channel OR operate the 2 channel amp bridged (becomes mono) and use the same wiring as mono amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
EVERYONE forgets to mention the down part of bridging. 2 X Distortion & Heat Products... just a note of caution.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
EVERYONE forgets to mention the down part of bridging. 2 X Distortion & Heat Products... just a note of caution.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1756
TB you're talking about numbers that is so miniscule, it can't be heard by human ears. Most of the quality amps I mentioned does not distort nor heat 2x. What amp are you using as an example to support your claim/theory?
You have to remember, any THD less than .1% can't be heard in your car at all. Even 1% can't be heard cause of your engine/alternator/outside noise etc.

Post Number: 8
issac i can get a good deal on 2 mtx subs ten inches a box and a 200 watt amp all mtx 4 249 bucks good deal or not and also i took my sonys up 2 car toys and they tested them and one was blown and the other one wasnt so i have a ported box so it makes it sound like both are working when its really only one of them

Corkey
Unregistered guest
what are rms and rmt??

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
(R)eally (M)assive (T)ortillas

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
(R)eally (M)assive (T)acos

Gold Member

Post Number: 1771
Daniel, that's not bad for starter system. My one speaker alone is worth more than $249.

Post Number: 9
alright thanks man do u know if best buy has any package deals amp box subs etc. or not? and how about their quality of stuff

Post Number: 10
o yea 1 other ? what is better dual voice coil or single or what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1775
DVC or SVC will depend on your configuration. 4ohms SVC = 4ohms. 4ohms DVC = 2ohms or 8 ohms. Just gives you more choices. If you're only getting one sub and the amp is 4 ohms stable, then SVC is your best selection.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
so the subs that im getting do u know if they r svc or dvc the subs im getting are im thinkin either 2 or 4 ohms i donno though i donno if they r these http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showdetl.cfm/Product_ID/54134/ or these http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showdetl.cfm/Product_ID/54135/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
and does more voice coild mean more sound or does it mean better bass or what

Gold Member

Post Number: 1777
Hey Daniel, your first link looks like it's 4ohms SVC and the 2nd, 4ohms DVC.
As for DVC vs SVC, it's like cutting 1 4 ohms VC into 2 2ohms VC. No difference, just more choices in configuration.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
hey issac i took my amp up 2 car toys and the guy told me that i burnt a tracer and 2 just soder it 2 complete the circuit so i did and my amp is back

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
Good for you Daniel. Hope they didn't charge you for that advice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
no they didnt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
hey issac this is my clarions specs k maxium output power is 500 watts (125watts x 4) the continuous average power output is 50 watts x 4 into 4 ohms; 20 Hz to 20kHz, 0.04% THD 75 watts x 4 into 2 ohms (typical): 20 Hz to 20kHz 0.4% THD frequency response (+ 1 dB): 10 Hz to 50 kHz signal-to-noise ratio (A-wtd): 100 dB or better input sensitivity (at rated output): lower level (RCA): 200 mV to 5V speaker level: 400 mV to 10V current use (at rated output): 40 amps Speaker load capacity 4 ohms so im asking you if the speakers i gave u a link 2 from cartoys will work with this amp if i bridged them please advise thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
Hey Daniel, you have a 4 channel amp. To use that for a sub, you'll have to bridge them. 4 channels will become 2 channels.
Your first link was probably 4ohms SVC. You'll have to get that instead of the 2nd one (IS 4ohms DVC).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
do think the wattage of the 1st one is 2 less 4 my clarion amp or do u think i will get the most out of my amp and my speakers 2 make a good system and also i have a jvc hu 180 is that a good hu please advise

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
180 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 1834
The first sub package will be fine for your current amp. Maybe down the road, you might want to upgrade the amp as well as the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
so i should get the MTX SVC OR THE DVC subs from the links that i sent u from car toys 4 my current amp that i have

Gold Member

Post Number: 1836
Since your amp is 4 channels, and in bridged mode it only supports 4ohms, you need SVC subs. Then connect sub to the separate channel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
its 2/3/&4 channel so what i need 2 do is on the top channels + to the left skip the 2 in the middle then - on the right then go down 2 the bottom and do the same thing left + skip middle 2 then right -

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
so that ways its bridged correct and what do i set my gain 4 the 2 channels and the filters and also is it ok 4 the amp 4 me to have the loud feature on my radio on or will that mess things up?

Username: Macpac111

Post Number: 1
i am planning on putting two diamond audio 15' tdx subs at 4ohm and i was wondering what amps i should look at to get the best out of the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
well if budget is tight look at mtx amps they are pretty reliable and good guality

Gold Member

Post Number: 1839
Yes Daniel, that's how most amps are bridged. For the gain, check your HU. Most are 4v preouts. On the amp, assuming your HU is 4v, set it to 4v on the gain/level control. As for the loudness feature on your radio, it's up to you. Use it or skip it.
Since you're using the amp for a sub, set the filter/crossover to LP, with frequency around 80hz - 120hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
alright thanks isaac

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
isaac what about my bass boost where do i set it at o db or 12 db

Gold Member

Post Number: 1841
Use that control carefully. If you set it at 12db and the music contains lot of bass, it'll cause clipping.
To be safe, put it at 6db and see. If you get too much bass, then lower, if not enough, then raise it. This is why remote bass control comes in handy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
what do u think about the 10W/V2.8 8 ohm jl audio 10" subs 2 of them including a box built by jl audi 4 259 bucks i went to autosound and i have an amp on lay o way its like i think 300 watts i cant remember the brand of it is silver though like a smoky silver its a 350 dollar amp he gave me it 2 me 4 $135 and he has it written on paper so he cant u know cop out and sell it 2 me more, so what do u think

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
what do u think about the 10W/V2.8 8 ohm jl audio 10" subs 2 of them including a box built by jl audio 4 259 bucks i went to autosound and i have an amp on lay o way its like i think 300 watts i cant remember the brand of it is silver though like a smoky silver here is the model # though T3202 its a 350 dollar amp he gave me it 2 me 4 $135 and he has it written on paper so he cant u know cop out and sell it 2 me more, so what do u think

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
o by the way the name of that amplifier is called total and it is 300 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 1843
JL make lot of subs. Sometimes too many to keep track of. Is that a used sub? If it is, make sure you inspect it carefully. Sometimes inside the box, the sub could have hairline cracks. I've seen some before.
Are you buying a new amp? What about the 4 channel amp you have? I haven't heard much on "Total" amp. Hopefully it's not an amp made by Pyramid. They're not worth buying.
If you're happy with the sound of those JL subs, then go for it. After all, you're the one that'll be listening to them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1844
JL make lot of subs. Sometimes too many to keep track of. Is that a used sub? If it is, make sure you inspect it carefully. Sometimes inside the box, the sub could have hairline cracks. I've seen some before.
Are you buying a new amp? What about the 4 channel amp you have? I haven't heard much on "Total" amp. Hopefully it's not an amp made by Pyramid. They're not worth buying.
If you're happy with the sound of those JL subs, then go for it. After all, you're the one that'll be listening to them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us