Which is better

Username: Caa

Post Number: 1
I am trying to figure out which would be better for my truck I have a chevy regular cab with bucket seat two kicker 10inch L7"s or two 10inch memphis m3"s

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 836
Are you wanting spl or sq?

Post Number: 2
more of the spl but there needs to be some sq

Post Number: 3
I also heard a DD last night and it sounded great but it was a 15 and I have been told that DD isn't that good unless you buy them big

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1356
"I have been told that DD isn't that good unless you buy them big"

Who the heck told you that? As for a driver that gives you more spl but some sq, you can probably forget the L7's if you want some sq. If you just want something to get loud as hang go a head with the kickers.

Post Number: 4
I have talked to some dealers and have been told that one memphis will out do 2 kicker double but I personaly like the kicker

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1629
listen to them both if you can and make up your mind that way. what your ears like mine may hate. you get what I am trying to say? Everyone likes something different. personally I cant stand the L5's and L7's I think they are junk but there are people on here that like them.

Post Number: 5
I have listened to them both but I can't decide which would be better for my truck

Post Number: 6
I have listened to them both and I can't make up my mind on which would be better fou my truck

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1636
well that I cant decide man thats up to you. I personally would check out a few other subs. What else do they sell at the shop you have been going to?

Post Number: 7
they have really been pushing memphis but when I wen't in there I was set on kicker but know I don't know I am also going to go check out DD 10's
What else would you prefer? as far as 2 10" woofers and an amp my grandpa is payng for this so it can't be over a thousand

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1644
DD's are great quality subs. I would look into eclipse's,Image dynamics, or ascendant audio. you want something that will slam go with 1 ID max 12 in a small sealed enclosure and a JL 1000/1 amp.

Post Number: 8
thanks I'll look into that

Post Number: 9
thanks I'll look into that

Post Number: 10
alot of these brands I have never heard of I was just wondering if these subs are good why don't people know about them

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 845
There not mass produced, and usually to expencive for most people. That's why sony is so famous with kid's. You can go to any store and they have them, and they say 800 watt's, for $50.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
oh alright well thanks for all of your help

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3431
Between the ones you were looking at, I'd get the DDs without a question. Some of the best built equipment you can get. Remember that they're mainly geared for ported enclosures, so you would have a little trouble integrating that into a truck. Like said above, small sealed boxes would be a good emphasis for you, such as Eclipse Aluminums, JL Audio W6v2s, and numerous others to sort through. If you wanted louder, I'd personally spend the money on a single 12" if it would fit, and dedicate the space you'd save into building a good ported box. Plus you'd get a better quality sub by doing so, and probably not require as much amplifier power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
the thing is that the DD's are a little pricy for me unless the amp isn't so much so my grandpa paying for this and I really was wanting to get 2 woofers because of the rattling right now I have one kicker comp right in the middle and it rattles my leather in between my seat so I really wanted to get 2 and put one behind each seat and I got the memphis subs priced (2) one 500w amp box and installation is 987.49 so I need something for that price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
2 memphis m3 subs 10inch
1 500w memphis amp
1 box
install
= 987.49
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help