MTX 9500 > re: triple x's
MTX 9500 > JLw7's
MYX 9500 > YOUR SUB

TRUE STORY

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1607
let me guess you own one. lol that is pretty funny dude no really it is. maybe if it was in a SS and the others were in free air lol

Username: Chenzevy

Post Number: 6
i do not own the mtx's but have heard the following combos

JLw7 in snail shell
X.X.X in sanil shell
MTX 9500 in snail shell

THE MTX has the greatest SPL outta of thoses combos that ive heard.

is the MTX the greatest SQ sub? NO

the W7 wins that in my eyes

the MTX has the just as good SQ as the X.X.X

i HEARD ALL OF THESE TODAY AND THATS MY CONCLUSION

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1317
Where they all geing run with good amps? Where they all being run off good headunits?

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 40
the mtx 9500's are louder but the w7 has far superior sq. the 9500's sound floppy to me. can't say anything about the xx.x's, haven't heard them before.

really to compare them they all need to have the same amp, headunit, power supply,....ect. and in the same car.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1320
Exactly.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1611
9500 better then a REXXX aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhah a yeah right dude.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1328
Some people will die before they say anything is better than MTX.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1615
yeah they are kinda like audiobahn fans nothing is as good. I dont care what this dude says there is no way the 9500 12 beat the w7 in spl or the REXXX in spl or SQ that goes for both of the subs as well. The mtx 9500 is a sloppy sub I have heard plenty of them and that was a very bold statement.

Post Number: 7
i did say the w7's were better than the mtx's

the w7 is the best all around sub sq/spl

but the mtx has greater spl than the x.x.x. and the w7.

i did say that the mt's have greater spl than the MTX

but out of the 9512 the w7 and the 12 x.x.x. the mtx does have greater spl.

so i did say that the W7's have greaater SQ and that the mt's have greater SPL.

SO HOW AM I SAYIN THAT THE 9512 is better than those 2?

im just sayin that out of the w7 the 12x.x.x. and the 9512 that the MTX gets has the most spl.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1618
OK well thats your opinion and my opinion is this. The REXXX is the best SPL and SQ sub, then the W7 in both then the MTX which doesnt even match the other two in spl let alone SQ

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 110
okay guys i know how to solve this.... SPL is measured in DBs right... not by your ears... therefore whichever sub produced the highest DB rating is the greatest SPL sub... now the question is... joe shlub did u hear these AND see them get metered? because you havent one talked about how many DBs they hit... so therefore your making a prediction upon what your ears heard. maybe they sounded louder because they hurt your ears more because of the lack of sound quality who knows... but you cant compare them in SPL ACCURATELY if they were not being metered on the same mic ... damnn im good! lay-hoo, zay-her ...loser! lol ... i hope you guys have seen ace ventura aka one of the best movies of all time

Post Number: 8
IN A SNAIL SHELL THE MTX WILL BE LOUDER THAN BOTH THE W7 AND THE X.X.X.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1334
I'm with Trevor. Sound can be verr decieving. Even the song being played can make a big difference. Maybe you heard the MTX first and by the time you listened to the other stuff you were used to the high db's. I know after listening to systems for a while you grow used to it and stuff doesn't sound as loud.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 111
thats true too... i know sometimes im listening to music when i first turn it on and it kinda makes my ears hurt for the first 5 or 10 seconds... then later i go to turn it up and im like crap, it is all the way up ...

and i know that if u listened to some random song with the x.x.x and w7 and then listened to throw it up or grippin the grain or something with the MTX the MTX would win everytime

...and joe shlub is stubborn
8)

Bronze Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 45
some people use a brand of product, like it, and thats it
theres no changing their mind no matter what you say or show them, lol

Post Number: 10
see trevoe agrees with me and no i listened to them in this order first the x.x.x. mtx, then w7 all were playin "phat rabbit" by ludacris, all were usin the same amp 1501.

i listened to all three setups in the same car to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ONCE AGAIN I DONT OWN ANY OF THESE SUBS OR ANY OF THE SETUPS THEY WERE USIN.

SO IF I DONT OWN ANY OF THESE WHY WOULD I BE PARTIAL TO ONE OVER THE OTHER?

I LISTENED TO THEM ALL TO SEE WHICH ONE I WOULD WANT TO PURCHASE NOT TOO FAR DOWN THE LINE.

Bronze Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 47
then you tested them right, but its still your oppinion unless you had a meter

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 113
joe shlub your confused im not agreeing with you...lol... im not calling you a bold faced liar but what im saying is that you can only make a prediction with your ears... it may sound different to someone else and your ears cannot tell how many dbs a sub is hitting...

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 114
also anohter factor may be that the size dimensions of the box fit the MTX perfectly and not the W7 or the x.x.x

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3408
The fact of the matter is that you are comparing subwoofers that are designed for completely different enclosure types, so yes if you put all three in the same type enclosure one will come out on top. You're also dealing with subs that have different resonant frequencies, since that is near where a snail shell is "tuned", all subs will perform differently on tested bass tracks. So yes, you need to get all the subs metered before actually saying what your ears percieve as being loud. The fact that a sub may get a little louder in a certain enclosure doesn't make any of them better, it just necessitates that you choose a sub based on what you plan to do with it. That MTX will win in one enclosure and get spanked in another, just like the W7 and X.X.X.. If you heard these in a soundroom instead of a car, then you definately need to try them in a car before basing an opinion because they will perform VERY different when cabin gain comes into play.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 73
ok jonathan, give us youre opinion. from talking to numerous people i know the the tripple x is the best spl sub of the three. but which is the best sq sub tripple x or jl w7. i know mtx is no where even close. i own w7's but have yet to hear tripple x's. not many people even know about them, or know where to get them.

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 136
Who ever heard the MTX 9500series subs were they in the sludge hammer inclosure?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 115
snail shell

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3412
They are pretty similar in SQ actually, both have a rich sound to them. Down low both of them are very authoritative and both are accurate throughout their frequency range. The upper midrange is a little less punchy than some subs, but still accurate. If you want a sub that approaches the 80-100hz range I'd lean to an ID Max. Really the SPL boils down to the box, the suspension of both subs is different and both will give different results.

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 137
whats that? a sealed enclosure

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 757
ok jow schlub...were all of the subs in the SAME EXACT BOX...or did each have there own snail shell

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
they were all in there own different snail shell. each box was fit to the specs of the subs.

let me just say that ive heard the 9512 in a sealed and a ported enclosures and it was underwhelming didnt impress me at all. but when its in that snail shell oh man that thing bangs like no other.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 279
but where the f*ck are the numbers?????how many DB's did each sub hit?what vehicle were they in??tell them that information so they can see where your coming from. if your talking out of your a$$ and didnt even have them metered than this post should be ended. prove it or shut the f*ck up.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 760
good point rob..cause everyone heeres things different...and everyone has there own opinions...like my friend thinks his 10 inch w0 or somen..idk....destroys my 10 inch eclipse al...honestly idk...but i know his isnt "destroying" mine..prolly loosing to be honest...and you cant prove anything until you tell us db's what kind of cars...or any of that crap

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 761
and also you said the only sub that has greater spl is the RE:mt...what about the 22 inch mtx juggernaught, the 18 and 15 eclipse ti pro...the 15 inch ti...18 inch tripple x...there are alot of subs

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1344
"22 inch mtx juggernaught"

Lol, it's the MTX Jackahmmer

The Juggernaughts are MMats subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ive heard a 18' mt thats the most powerful sub ive ever heard.

never heard the jackhammer so i dunno?

all the setups were in a scion xb.

they werent metered its just my opinion that the mtx hit the hardest

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1135
like jon is trying to point out the car has alot to do with it .... the same subwoofer in the same box same tuning etc will be louder or less loud or the same loudness depending on the vehicle (buying the more expensive sub dont automatically equate to the best sounding or loudest subwoofer a good install is a good install but an excellent install is even beter nuff siad

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1136
the better install meaning things like better box placement fabrication port placent box construction etc

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 823
I just want to know what there db number's wher.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
I have owned all, and and joe shlub is right, the mtx 9500 in a snailshell will swallow a w7 or triple x, all in their optimum enclosures. Tru, the w7 and triple x sound a tad better, but so what? An RE MT will sh*t on all of them anyway. Metering wouldn't matter because the difference in output is that significant.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 786
baby...im sorry...but even if we are comparing all of these subs...we must be doing it to the 10's...cause thats the only one that would compare..the 10w7 and the 10 9500 are "similar"...but when the jl's go up in size...they go up in power as well...the 9500's dont...and also...that sub will never ever "swallow" up any of those 2 subs...i think you are just to narrow minded to see that.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1702
yeah sub I agree with you bud

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 869
Lol, it's a never ending battle.:-)

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 790
lol nope..its like that walmart page on the amp section lol

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 872
Lol, that's no joke!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 794
lol that page was so much fun...aww...the good times...he got to mad though

Anonymous

This is alittle off but im curious, a Brahma 15" is pretty much equal to a X.X.X 15" but not to a MT 15"

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 797
ive never heard a brahma...ihear good things lol

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 873
Ya, that's what I understand. The Mt is just a spl sub, only ment to get loud.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 799
yea...but how would a brahma stack up taylor...never heard one....but yea...not many subs will get as loud as the MT supposedly

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 875
Almost the same as the x.x.x not close to the MT!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 800
i love how we get soo off topic

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
Well how many here who disagree have owned and tested all 4 subs?....that's what i thought. I have an a 12w7 and 13w7 sitting here in my room in "tweeter" custom built enclosures, my older bro has the triple x 15" in his suv and I have an RE MT 12" in my suv.

Furthermore, some members of my drag race team have mtx 9500s in snailshells. Those who have the 9500s in snailshells out-blast everyone(sorry w7 and triple x).....that's when they call me and I show up with my MT and 2500 watts rms. Need I say more?

I also have diamond audio subs, some weak MA audio, alot of audiobahn trash, some jbl gti, and 1 type r and 1 type x. Narrow minded is an assumption, I think I know what i'm talking about.

And yes, all the subs that were tested were properly powered with JBL, JL, and PPI (damn i have too much stuff).

One more thing.....the 9500s w/o a snailshell would easily lose to any of those subs.

It's funny cause all, even me, disagree with that fact until they, including myself, have heard the 9500 in a snailshell with proper power. So, until u guys have heard it, u can't say all that.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 807
well once again...you said out-blast everyone "Furthermore, some members of my drag race team have mtx 9500s in snailshells. Those who have the 9500s in snailshells out-blast everyone(sorry w7 and triple x).....that's when they call me and I show up with my MT and 2500 watts rms. Need I say more? "...sorry but you are narrow minded...cause as you said..the MT woujld destroy the 9500, eclipse Ti's would as well...how about this..when i get my ss box..you come down here and we will see who hits harder...my 15 inch ti in a ss box...or your 9500 in a ss box...or go face chief...or someone who knows what theya re talking about...cause you said you know..i dont think you do..i think you have way to much money and blow it on everything you hear is good...also...your friends have that stuff..and are you testing all of that crap in THE EXACT same car same postioning..EVerything...i doubt it..im also going to have to go and "assume" sorry for doing that..but i highly doubt any of what you are saying are true...just MY OPINION BABY

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 810
also..i would like to point out...i didnt really understand the meaning of half of your post...most of it was just trying to brag about what you have...and i still dont understand if you said the MT "outblasted" those 9500's or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
SUBFANATIC YOUR A DOUCHE BAG

he said that the 9500 is louder than the x.x.x. and the w7 but he has a mt and blows away the MTX

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 811
ok...thats what i wanted to know...thanks joe...but this makes me a douche bag somehow...thats kinda od....maybe your just stading up for him cause you have the same setup...but you never know..

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 812
ok...thats what i wanted to know...thanks joe...but this makes me a douche bag somehow...thats kinda od....maybe your just stading up for him cause you have the same setup...but you never know..also..if either of you want to convince me that this actually took place...go get everything metereed...video tape it all...then i will beleive it

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1705
its ok Sub I think he is just standing up for his butt buddy over there. They have dirty AN@L sex while talking about MTX's in Snail Shell enclosures lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 813
hahahhahahah....thank you james....

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
uh duhhhhhh, at least joe has reading and comprehending ability. And sure I'll go toe to toe with u subfanatic. The point of the debate was that the 9500 is louder than a triple x and w7 in a snailshell.

Now if u wanna challenge someone with ur eclipse ti 15" and i'm all for it. Your eclipse ti may be louder than a 9500, both being in snailshells, but then again, I never said the 9500 was louder than the eclipse ti. With that being said, ur can put ur "mighty" 15" eclipse ti against my 12" RE MT and we shall see who is louder. My MT is in a snailshell. Ur eclipse ti would ball up like a little girl against my RE MT. Here's two two pieces of tissue, one for u and one for ur sub.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 815
welll first off...i never once saiid my sub "mighty" sub could compare to the Mt...the Mt is a powerful sub that will take on almost any other sub....and still your right...the debate was about the 9500 getting louder than those 2 subs...and how about(since you have so much money) go get a digi cam and go to a shop....get everything metered...video tape it all..then i will belive you..until this..your nothing

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1452
Dude, shut up honestly. That's great, you have an MT. No body is saying your MT won't get loud.

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
James Longo,

Like u have room to talk, ur ignorance is concealled with insults. So sadddd. Don't worry, ur jensen is only temporary....loser. Maybe one day u can upgrade to pyramid or pyle.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 816
yea...lets kill this thread...how about i take your word for it...and you drop it...or video tape it and prove me wrong...

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
people here love to brag about their stuff, and when someone else brags and it's better, it becomes envy, hate, and anger. LOL LOSERS!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1453
Yeah, good one babybrock. Did you ever think of clicking on James' name and seeing what he's running?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1706
yeah Joe he's right man I am running jensen and hope to upgrade to pyle one day. Hery buddy want to come test your system against mine and see what happens? any day dude.

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
Ohhhhhhh NOOOOO, Joe Smoe! James is running a Brahma???!!------------> WEAK!!!!!!!

anyway subfanatic, is all love here man, i tell it how i see it. nuthin against u

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1708
I will take my brahma or avalanche against your 9500 any day dude.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1709
what a waste of time this sh!T is I'm done with this FU$KER

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
I have an MT....genious. Look, I personally don't like the 9500. But if it's louder, it's louder. PERIOD

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1711
ohh I thought you were the shmuck with the 9500. dude I take back what I say then I wouldnt go against an MT unless it was a SQ comp then I would be all over it.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 823
HAHA...im really starting to love this thread haha....but baby...how much was your MT...and are you selling anything since you have WAY to much sh*t haha

bmx
Unregistered guest
i got a vibration sound in 1 of my sub boxes when my sub vibrates, is this bacause something is loose or what?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 824
it could be a loose wire

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1713
that sounds like dankman posting under a new name lol

bmx
Unregistered guest
my subs are in a box and the box is all nailed together and the the sub is heldo in place with screws and nut i have know what to get to these nuts and few of them are loose, snug but loose could that be a problem?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 826
WHAT

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1714
why is your box nailed?

bmx
Unregistered guest
i dunno its the way o got it and its good wood i dont want to ruin it and i need an amp, 600-800 watts under $100 any ideas? sorry about the spelling in the other thing i had my mind on other things

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1459
Good luck with that. Your not gonna find anything for under 100 bucks, let alone 600 - 800 watts unless you go Pyramid or Legacy. BUT DON'T!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1716
yeha I agree with Joe

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 406
there are 3 ways that i can think of that would make this "9500" louder than the x.x.x.

1) "9500" coils were in parrallel, x.x.x. was in series. (if both subs where run on the same amp that is)

2) the s.s. box the the "9500" was VERY well built, and the s.s. box for the x.x.x. was not well built.

3) this "9500" was not the MTX "9500" but rather the DD "9500"!!!

...LMAO...

bmx
Unregistered guest
i got 2 pyramid 15 inch subs, they dont seem too bad, other than the fact they dont fit in the trunk so they go in the back seat

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
well......I am thinkin about selling some of these subs and amps. But I can't make up my mind with which sub to go with. The MT is loud but sumtimes annoyingly loud and the sq is pretty close to garbage. But I love blowing people away on the road. Anyway, when i figure all of this out, i'll let ya know subfanatic.

By the way, the I got the MT for 455 shipped from RE and I am not selling my 12w7, 13w7, or MT....lol sorry bro

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 828
lol its cool dude...im looking for a nice amp anyways...haha

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 128
JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.. I've owned a 15" mtx 9500 and a 15" x.x.x. both in snailshell enclosures and I tell you what, the mtx comes no where near the x.x.x.!!!!i sold the mtx after 3 weeks and now i've got 2 15" x.x.x. in separate 4.5 cube ported enclosures tuned to 28 Hz powered by an infinity 1210a amp each and another infinity for the front and rear components in a 04 expedition. a set up , so far, untouchable.!!!:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
what is a snail shell enclosure, i have never heard that term. is it a band pass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
once again i do not own a mtx 9500 or a x.x.x. or a w7

the entire point of this thread was that i heard the mtx 9500 the w7 and the x.x.x. and the mtx was louder.

me and the guy with the mt are the only ones in this entire thread that have heard all 3 setups and we agree that the MTX is the loudest.

i already said the mt is the loudest

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1726
dude your smokin something serious if you think your the only two people on here that have heard all these subs in SS applications. I have heard all three of them in multiple enclosure and yes all 3 of them in SS's as well. My OPINION stand as follows,REXXX,W7,.....................SOMEWHERE DOWN HERE MTX 9500

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 830
adam...a snail shell box is a like a custom box PERFECTLY made to for your sub...there slogan is half the sub half the power...twice the sound.or somen like that..you can see more of them if you go to www.powered4sound.com also..joe...james...lets please stop arguing about this lol...lets just all get along HAHA

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
I would run a Triple X or w7 over the 9500 any day, but the 9500 is louder in a SS.....THE END! LOL...ooops nevermind, I'm running an MT! hehe

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
ok guys I'm done...life is too short, live a little!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i didnt know people here got so emotional becuase they dont have the best setup.

its ok ur's is stil good im sure your pround of what you got but there are better out there then yours

LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!!!

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
Amen

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 835
well joe and baby...the point James and myself are trying to make is that...the 9500 is in no way more powerful than the triple x or the w7....doesnt have more spl...or sq...and i think he is with me as i stated this before...the only way you will convince me otherwise is if i expierince this on my own...but unfortunently...i have no money...i live in ky...1 out of 200,000 people have a system here....or if either of you video tape it being metered somewhere...with a professional meter...video tape the complete setup..gains amps...everything...showing the meter gets hit harder with the 9500...also what amp was running each sub...all had an ss right??....also joe said they were all in the scion XB i believe...my mom has that car...and baby...what kind of car was all of your setup in

Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 8
i have a much bigger peniz than all of you

Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 9
lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 837
HAHHA JOSEPH!@!

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 76
My buddy over at a audio shop has been messin with rockford for many years and he likes those. i dont really like rockford but hes got 16 12's with 8 rockford amps and a lotta juice in his trunk bed and that sh*t is soo loud haha well i guess anything with 16 12's would be loud ahha, but yea i just thought id tell yall, just heard the system today.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1051
oh you guys, i dint have time to read this entire thread but, i think the meat is mtx is louder then xx.x and w7 and brahma? not agrueing just a few questions.....were these setups in cars? same amp? were they all newer snail shells? what was the music(test tone) playing at? just comparing spl? yes the sledge hammer box is the worst box on earth. wiring on the subs? whos got a large peni.s? what size subs? all 12? where in the world is carmen san diego? please reply to all

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1753
lolololololol

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 889
Oh my God, you kill me:-) lol
Oh yeh, my 2 10 inch hx2's will blow both of them away!:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1489
HA, Haven't heard from your goofy @ss in a couple days Hunter.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 416
hunter:

yes, yes, prolly, no clue, not sure, yes(by ear),i agree, not sure, me, prolly so, and again not sure, Malaysia :-)

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1055
ya just been really busy, sorry guys no p.erverted posts to piss people off in a while.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 839
damn hunter ive missed you..but i saw you over at carstereo...nice to see someone over there who knows somen

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1065
ya. when its slow here i go there. they love memphis and visonik there very weird. i lilke memphis but not my first choice, oh well

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 841
haha...yea i just b*tched at that NOva chick for being tooo obsessed with memphis...i think they are all so hooked on it because they are cheap and korndog reccomends them...and visionik sh*t is worse than my 6 by 9's...

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1066
i dont think that its a chick.......:-(

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1516
AHHHAHAHAHA.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1517
Hey guys go listen to this. Kickin bass, :-)

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2702

Click on the big picture on the bottom.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 844
it actually might not be haha

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 845
HOLY POO...NOVA's real name is TOBY...from the pic i actually thought it was a chick..SCARY...its repauls son..jk

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1519
And why are you guys talking about one forum on another forum? Just seems ironic to me.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1068
i dont ......know....? kinda ironic though. im sorry joe didnt mean to offend you my lusty friend

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1525
Lol, I'm not offended. Just thought it was kinda funny.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 130
OK joe slob, I've owned both , x.x.x. and mtx 9500 ( 15's) in snailshell enclosures. Like i said before ,9500's are no way louder than x.x.x. or 13w7. my brother in-law is currently running a 13w7 in a SS box wich is how I came acroos the x.x.x., I wanted to beat his set up. My point is, we ran all 3 subs with their appropiate SS boxes, first with an infinity 1210a amp , then with an mtx 1501d amp,same vehicle(mine, because i have a 300 amp alternator)believe when i tell you that mtx does not come even close to this other 2 subs. where ever you heard these subs must have had the something turned down,( sensetivity,bass,settings,no alternator,diff amps,diff vehicle,etc.etc)I just hope it wasn't a car audio shop where you listened to them. Anyways ,like i posted before, I sold that mtx 9500 with the SS box after 3 weeks. then I sold the SS box for the x.x.x. because I had to build a custom box for my vehicle then, ss box wouldn't fit.My brother in law is still running his 13w7 in a ss box, killing every 9500 in sight,with a single 13w7!!!!!!!As for me,well,I'm now running 2 x.x.x. in separet home biult, 4.5 cube enclosures ported and tuned to 28hz each in a 04 expediton and like i said earlier,still UNTOUCHABLE!!!!! now i'm done with this thread.;)

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
well ur argument is just as invalid as mine since neither of us have gotten either setup metered.......sound is deceiving.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 849
very good point baby....but baby...are you interested in selling any of your amps? lol

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
well sub, i have many amps. what kind of amp are you looking for?

The ones I am ready to give up right now are:

Precison Power 1250, 250x1 RMS @4 ohms, 500x1 RMS @ 2 ohms

JBL Crown BPx2200.1, 2450x1 RMS @ 4 ohms, 2200x1 RMS @ 2 and 1 ohm.

Maybe the JBL is questionable..lol I Luv that amp! It powers my MT nicely. If the Price is right though, I may part with it. Hell, If I get rid of that amp, I may sell the MT too. But I'm still luvin the thump.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 858
haha...well if you have an amp that pushes around 800-1000 watts rms at 2 ohms...thats what im looking for llol...but wow that JBL is nice...does anyone here trust CRUNCH USA's stuff?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1787
no

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 860
no??? you dont trust crunch...or no to somen else lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
what is a snail shell box??????????????????????????????????????

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 861
its a box custom built to your subs needs..its like a ported box..check it out.... www.powered4sound.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us