Dbdrag street a class

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 36
This is going to be a daily driver so this is why i consider this class.. all three of these options are legal street A class setups...

Street A Class -- A maximum of 1 subwoofer amplifier (or 2 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 2 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s).

o One 12-inch woofer
o OR a maximum of two 10-inch woofers
o OR a maximum of three 8-inch woofers

Which one of those setups would be best for SPL.. i am not going to be a full out competitor.. the car will be mostly for SQ.. so what would be the best sql setup that conforms to A Class standards? My enclosure will most likey be ported to manufactors specs.. (subs considering brahma, re, dunno about for 8's)

Bronze Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 38
bump..

btw the
(1) 12" would be RE x'x'x
(2) 10" would be RE x'x'x
(3) 8" no clue yet

whats going to give me the best SQL setup

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1564
2-10's or three 8's will be the best for comp's because you would tune your box high so the depth of the 12 would not be needed.

Bronze Member
Username: Team_audio_itch

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 16
that is the class i am in i have entered 10 comps and won 10 first places.
i have a 13 w7 and a 1000/1. and yes that is considered a 12 because the sq. in. for class A is 0-160. a 12 is like 130 somethin and they figure it by radius squared times 3.14. mine would be 6.75*6.75*3.14=143

i do a 150.4 on the term lab meter
my suggestion for your setup would be a 13w7 ported and a 1000/1 if u dont have a certain price range in mind. one guy came within two dBs of me at a comp and he had two 10w7s ported.
u can see my old setup at our car club website.
now i have custom pannels around it done by audio itch that match the gray interior, and the sub is centered in the middle of the car.
http://emotionz.dynu.com/images/Tuc-n-Toys10.JPG

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1582
nice set-up man

Bronze Member
Username: Team_audio_itch

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 17
thanks but it looks alot better with the new gray pannels, hated seing the batteries. audio itch is going to put another pannel on the floor and then cut either the jL logo or w7 in glass. not sure which one yet. u should see our presidents ride.
http://emotionz.dynu.com/TahoePhotos.htm
there are two more 13w7s behind the seat u just cant see them

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1584
nice truck, how's that sound?

Bronze Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 39
I am most likely not going with the JL but you think the 1 12" setup would be better than the 2 10"s (both the 12"s and 10"s take 1600rms each)..

Like i said i am not a avid competitor but i wouldnt mind going and competing in the class trying to place.. but if i start adding more subs either two 10's or 3 8's am i losing SQ?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 311
dammit, you live in tampa, I saw Florida on the truck plate and got excited.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 104
Team Audio Itch, ive been wanting to talk to you for a long time... i was wondering if you know of any shows or comps in or around tampa? i really would like to go to one and i figured you would probably know of them. ...and by the way... i will be putting a JL system together eventually and i only hope it sounds as good as yours 8) lol

Bronze Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 41
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 48
yall seem to know a lil about different classes in competition. i got a jl 13W7 but running 2 500/1's instead of 1 1000/1. what class does that fall into?

Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 6
try 3 8" JL w7's, i'm not sure if it will be louder than the 13" W7, but it will deff have more SQ, it's a smaller cone, and will have a tighter sound.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
memphis recently reported mid 170's with their mojo amps and 15-M3MOJO12 subs....I know memphis makes killer SQ (my old system was memphis before it got stolen) nicest sounding system i ever owned.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 805
i like your pres's car...except the LV cr ap lol sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us