Help me choose a good system.

Anonymous

I got roughly 1200[US] to spend on my equipment.
I need a;

- head unit,
- 1 12'' sub,
- sub amp,
- 1 set of 6.5'' components,
- component amp.

And ebay is not an option, i'll mostly be buying these stuff from online stores.

I'm after SQL. But i dont want to sacrifice loudness for SQ.

I have an 03' corolla.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 26
go to a car audio store and listen for yourself.

Anonymous

I wish i had that option but where i live hav no fawking car audio stores, lol that SUCKSS.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 17
you will also need RCA cables power cables distribution block if u have 2 amps...blah blah blah

Find u a nice alpine head unit, alpine type R, 2 alpine amps, and alpine type R components...u will have a nice sounding sytem

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1427
Dang, no ebay huh? You'd probably save a couple hundred total using ebay... money that could be used to buy even better stuff.

Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 5
Alpineuser has the right idea, if you want good SQ but don't want to loose SPL then try www.ikesound.com they carry alpine. I got my MBQuart components from there, they are good and cheap there. but instead of running 2 alpine amps like alpine user said, alpine makes a 5 channel amp (MRV-F450) that will suit your needs perfect, it puts out 50 watts rms x 4 for your cabin speakers, and 200 watts rms for your sub. use a type r with it, it will be a little under powered, but will still sound amazing and save you a good chunk of change. for cabin speakers i'd recommend MBQuart components, in your case probably the discus line. Since you the amp I recommended put out 50 watts rms.

Anonymous

This is what i got so far,

Sub- eclipse ti[389]
Sub amp- jbl gto1201.1[329]
Comps- perfect 6.1[229]
Comp amp- jbl gto75.2[200]

Total- 1147

I could probably use my old HU for the time being until i get more money later on.

I dont want to buy a system and then a couple of months down the road, i get tired of it and want sumn bigger or better. I think this system would hav me content for a while lol.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 447
I got the same stuff as you except my ti was 300 my gto 1201 was 289 and i got mb quarts components and a zapco amp for under 250 long live ebay lol

Anonymous

HOLYSHIT.........
Thats a lot of paper u saved there man.
But the ting is i've heard some manu badd stories of ppl gettin ripped off using ebay. But damn man u saved alot.

BTW- how does that sub/amp combo work.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 902
That is some nice set-up's!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us