Powered4Sound 6.5" setup!! Am i going crazy?!?!

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 29
Am i going crazy or is this for real?
how can a pair of 6.5" get so low?
i emailed them to see if i could order a box like it cause that seems like an amazing setup that's small, not much power, and very efficient, wow i wouldn't mind putting 2 boxes like that in my car!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1239
Why not go bigger? If you can see how good 6.5's perform, just put a good 12 or 15 in a ss box, and then you'll see.....

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 742
15 inch ti in one lol

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 31
i'm on a limited budget at this point until the summer when i get back to work. If i do end up getting a few of these box's i think it'd be hilarious to do the same thing the guys did in the video to the kids at my school, (guys have 15w3 and 4 12w6's setups) i wanna see there faces when i open up the trunk and show them that tinny @ss box with only 6.5"s!

can 6.5's really get that low though? the guys in the video were saying they thought it was 15's and 12's and 10's! can anyone explain how this is?

yea fanatic i'm planning on getting a 15 ti later this year and eventually putting it in a ss! that would be crazy!

that is if i don't get my cousins soundstream system, which would be crazy two 10" or 12" tarantula's with 1600/2 and 500/4 to other quality speakers. pioneer 8600mp hu!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 752
talk about bump

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 32
sorry subf but what does "bump" mean i know a lot of people use it in these forums

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 33
are you just saying that it's gonna bump or are you saying something else? haha i'm an idiot

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1261
Bump is what they say when they bump the thread back to the top of the forum. The threads with the most recent posts are at the very top of the list. So they bump to go up. lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3396
A snail shell works on the transmission line enclosure theory, where you tune the box to a certain fraction of the wavelength of the resonant frequency of the driver (usually 1/4 wave), basically it allows to speaker to drop 1/4 octave below it's resonant frequency, and below that frequency the driver loses damping, similar to a ported box. That's why it gets so low. Plus, T-line and Snail shells are more efficient than ported and offer SQ that is possibly greater than sealed, ported, etc. (IF it's build right).

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 34
thanks joe, do you have any thoughts on the 6.5 setup by powered4sound? i'm really liking it, except the fact that they used audiobahn :-(

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 35
wow, so why aren't there more of these boxes being used? because they are hard to build? to me those 6's look like an incredible deal!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1288
Well, they're pretty expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 297
They say that making the same box only wit 12's instead would be to enormous to fit in a car.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1551
when most people use the SS enclosure they mostly go with one sub do to the fact they are rather large. If you are on a budget they are very expensive just want you to knnow that. They are very very hard to make unless you absolutely know what you are doing. I only kow of two companies right now that make them. But like jon said they offer incredible sound down low and spl output without sacrafising the SQ of going ported. they are very nice boxes.

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 37
sorry james, but i meant the 6.5" box in the video on their website

they are relatively small and just from eyeing it i could fit 4 in my trunk with room to spare!
I know the ss and doubleshot boxes are very expensive and that's why i'm looking at the 6.5" box because of the size but sheer ability to produce heart stopping bass!

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 301
If you want to go small, why not just get 8's instead of 6.5's. I can pretty much gaurantee that you would be happier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us