Need Help!!

Username: Thaone

Post Number: 5
I need help bad. my system will hit hard for a while but then it just shuts off. 1st i thought it was over heated but then the next time i listen which was like 2-3 hours later it only played for like 2 mins. so whats up with that?? anyone have any info on this becuase its gettin on my nerves. i was thinkin my ground was too long, but i dont kno. please help!!!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1209
Is your amp going into protect mode?

Post Number: 6
Im not sure the power light goes off. is this protected mode??

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1216
It could be, what kind of amp is it? Since you were able to play it does play for a while then you can rule out wrong ohm matching. I would say it's probably overheating.

Post Number: 7
its a pioneer GM-5000t amp 760 watts. i thought it was overheating but it shut off right when i turn it on. like right before the beat came in. is my ground too long it goes all the way to the engine block?? please help!!!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1222
Uhh, yes that could be something too. The ground from your amp shouldn't really be more than 1, 1 and a half feet.

Post Number: 8
i was thinkin that. i just started all this audio stuff so im new at it. why does it matter how long or short the gound is. and also if u can help how should equalize my gain on my amp what is the gain 1st of all and how do i adjust it to make my system hit hard. but i really need help with this ground stuff.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1225
Current likes to travel the path of least resistance, so which do you think would have the least resistance..15 feet of wire or 1 foot of wire? The shorter the ground the better. As for the gain, you don't just set it to whatever you think is good. Turn your system on, and then put your headunit at what you think would be the normal listening volume. Now go back to your subs and amp, and adjust the gain on the amp until you hear what you think is the best sound. The gain is used to match the signal strength coming from your headunit, and it's not used to make your system "hit hard"

Post Number: 9
alright kool thanx that helps alot. so where should i ground my amp?? my amp is on the back of my back seat. is the trunk a good spot? and also is a reason why in my friends car i can feel the bass but in mine i cant?? he has a two door and all and also 2 12's is this why?? i have 2 10's in a dualband pass box, i thought i would be able 2 feel the bass real good. but i have 2 4 door does this make a diff?? is it something i did wrong or is it just because my friend has 800 watts and 2 12's. is there something i can adjust to make it hit harder or is it fine. im tryin 2 take in all the knowledge i can so dont hold back.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1229
Well, bandpass isn't really the punchiest type of enclosure. Produces more of a low rumbly bass. That could be part of it. I also don't know what kind of subs you have, that's probably the main reason. So your saying your amp is sitting in your back seat??? Where exactly is it? Yes, your probably gonna want to run the ground somewhere in the trunk. It doesn't really matter, as long as it's connected to the car frame, and it's a good connection; all paint is scraped off... etc.

Post Number: 10
my amp is screwed on to the back of the back seat. my seats fold down which opens into the trunk. i think my subs are straight. i have 2 new pioneer ts-w256c 10's. 800 watt max, 350 RMS. i think my subs are straight. but im new remember. i think they can hit hard its just me.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1235
Well, your ground will have a lot to do with how hard your system hits... You really need to fix that first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
alright thanx man you really help out alot. is there anything else i might need to know?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us