? about Alpine Type- R component setup

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 40
I have a 2004 F-150 Scab that has a 5x7/6x8 opening in both front & rear door panels. I have up-graded the HU w/ a Clarion ADX5655Z / & fronts w/ Boston Acoustics CX8 5x7's / the rear doors are still stock.
I think the CX8's sound great up front but am looking for an even stronger sound in the front of the cab. My ? is this :
If I put the CX8's in the rear doors & the Type R component system in the front will it be a huge difference in quality sound w/ stronger high's , mid's & more bass?
If possible I'd like to keep the power coming from the HU but if the sound I'm looking for has to have more power an amp will be added. If the amp is needed that brings another ? to the post / what do you think is the choice for the Type R's & the CX8's?
Thanks for your input

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 92
I would go with some CDT's before the alpine type R's....any decent component system in the front doors will sound better than 5x7's though.

If it were my truck I'd go with some 5.25 comps up front (so you don't have to cut any metal in the doors)a 10" Alpine type R sub (there are better ones but I got mine for $70 ea on Ebay and they sound great)under rear seat and a nice amp to power it all...sell the Boston 5x7's and don't hook up the stock rears.

Bronze Member

Virginia USA

Post Number: 41
OK but why would I sell the Boston Acoustics & not have sound filling the rear? I do need the rear speakers hooked up because my daughter likes her tunes a bit louder @ times back there. Just wondering whats the thought to not have the rear speakers hooked up? You think the components & 1 sub would be enough for the front & rear cab? Thanks for your thoughts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
If your daughter sits back there and likes the tunes then put the Boston's back there....I've had it both ways in 2 trucks and I prefer the sound with no rear-fill (I think it sounds funny....not to mention I have 2 type R's getting 450rms each so rear fill would be totally pointless).

You can run the comps and the sub off an amp and run the rears off the HU (that way they won't be too loud and take away from your soundstage...not to mention it would be cheaper to purchase a 3 channel amp as opposed to a 5 channel)

Bronze Member

Virginia USA

Post Number: 42
Ok instead of going w/ the 10" under the seat how about 2 Koda 6's??? Since I am limited for room back there & would rather not take up all of the space under the back seat the Koda's would work out even better. I have heard nothing but great stuff from them also. Have you ever heard them up close?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
6's won't give you any bass to speak of...if that's what you are looking at doing then put another set of good comps in the rear doors
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us