Power is off, but Subs are ... ON ? ! ! ! ... < HELP >

Username: Veilside2774

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 1
I just reinstalled my subs and within seconds there was a problem, about 10 seconds after hooking the negative up to the amp, it started making bass. My car is off but i have the key turned so i can eventually turn on the radio, when it randomly started thumping. The Radio is turned off, but sub's are making bass, i just dont get it if the radio is off where is it getting the signal to make bass? Its just really random mid-range thuds that continuously happen like its playing to some non-rythmic beat. Are my wires mixed up, or is my amp messed up, or just something stupit i over looked? Im hoping one of u guru's could help me out. Please guys im lossing sleep over this.

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 25
You must have a capacitor.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 45
i don't know much but i know when my rcs's touch it makes the woofer hit like that so you might want to check that. But other than that i have know idea

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
oops thats no* idea

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 2
It's weird the radio is off, but the subs are still making random noises.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1451
it sounds like you have a short in your rca's somewhere. maybe one of them is cut or did you do a no-no and drill one of your rocker panel screws back on through them? check and make sure they are all sealed up thats what it sounds like.

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 4
With the radio off though?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1457
yup

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 5
Mabye your right... i have a stock deck and needed to install rca's with a transferer mabye something went loose in the radio area itself. hmmm

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 959
...yea thats sounds like your problem, the stock radio may not be happy.

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 6
If anyone else has any.. and i mean any idea feel free

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
if you have a stock cd player you are using an rca converter thingy right ?? I also am using stock cd player and where you connenct the converter on mine the wire's touch and make that noise even with the radio off

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1462
if you used an in-line converter I can almost guarentee that is your problem. those things suck!

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 7
Solution?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1183
Hey Curtis, I would also suggest checking all of your power and ground connections. If you have a bad connection that may be flickering on and off, that would cause the problem. Here's an example, take some crappy speaker you have sitting around, and fnd a 9v battery and get 2 pieces of wire. Hook the wire to the vc's of the speaker, and then hook them up the the battery. The speaker will move, and then say put. Now, pull the battery away, and then put it back on the wires, repeatedly, and the speaker will thump to whatever beat you disconnect and connect the power.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
GET A CD DECK! lol! stock headunits almost always suck. :P

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 9
ha damn honda premium audio

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1464
yeah your best bet would be to get a aftermarket cd player, I recomend either Alpine or Eclipse. Joe could be right as well. Before you go buying a cd player check your B+ and ground and rule that out. If you didnt have those converters I would rule towards that but since you do I really would place money on it.

Bronze Member

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 18
ill take a look in the morning and bring it to the shop in the after noon if we find the prob or even if we dont i'll update post, thanx for the help thus far boys

Bronze Member

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 19
Aight sweet. I guess alot of power was going to the subs and getting feedback but as the car ran for 20 seconds the noise shuts off. even with the radio off. Just Too much power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us