Alpins VS Kicker

Anonymous

I have heard many good things about Alpine, and many good things also about Kicker. I have heard that Kicker L7's with the proper amp, were louder, and sound better that the alpine type r's with the right amp. Is this true? And if so, than I was wondering which would be louder? The first is (2 12 inch kicker L7's) and the second is (2 15 inch alpin type r's). I know that the one set up are 12's, and the other are 15's, but if the kickers are better that would they be louder than the 15's? Are there any bad things about either system? I am looking for bass and sound quality, so anyone who is formiliar with both systems please feel free to express your oppinions on which would be better. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 786
First, the solobaric's don't have sq at all. Yes, they will get loud, but that's all they'll do! The solobaric's square shape causes stress point's in the sub's cone, causing the sub to stop working.
The square shape also restricts it's excursion.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 787
The Type R's will deff sound better. Also are you talking about the new R's or the old R's?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1418
yup Taylor is right Alpine type R's are far supperior to the L7's due to the fact that they last.

Anonymous

So the Type R's will sound better than the L7's!! What were you saying about there being a new, and old Type R. I didn't know that there were two. what is the difference between the two? The ones I have seen were the ones on woofersetc.com, they are dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. Are those the new ones? Also I was told that a good fair priced amp to power those, was the Audiobahn A8000t amp. Thats 1 channel 800 watt amp. What are your oppinions on that amp? Also how loud do you think that system will be? I mean do you think that will be something that you can hear comming down the street from aways? Also do you think my 97 civic ex alternator can handle powering that amp? Also what capacitor would be the best for that amp? Thanks!!!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1441
yes there are two type's the new ones are supposedly better but I have not heard them personally. They upped the power handling on them and slapped on the type X surround. That amp will work to power them but I would go a different route.I would get the Alpine m501 I believe it is with 2 dual 2ohm subs. Yes it is something in the proper enclosure you will hear coming down the street although your main goal should not be to piss off your neighbors.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 243
i have an mrd m501 for sale...ill give ya a good deal on it. email me at rtc0420@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 815
If you get the new Type R's, you'll need a bigger amp than the 500/1. You'll need atleast a 1000/1200 watt amp. They are rated at 500 watt's rms a piece.
I'm not sure how big a stock alt is on one of them car's, but if you don't git an HO alternator, you really don't need a capacitor. A cap will just put more stress on you're electrical system. You're alternator will work even harder trying to keep the cap charged as well.
That system will sound really good! It will sound good, but it will also have a little thump to it!:-)
I think the new R's come out this month.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us