Alpine vs. eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 98
i know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but i'm looking at new head units. i've pretty much narrowed it down to the alpine cda-9835 (not sure if i really like the new ones) and one of the new eclipse's (most likely one of the high end ones 8455 or whatever it is). i like the display of the 9835 and it seems to be really good. what does everyone think?? alpine or eclipse?? thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 250
9835 is impressive imo.. cant say for the 8455

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 124
I whould love to make up my mind of which to go with myself. I have been thinking about both for like 2 months. IM leaning more toward eclipse because of the DSP features and the 24 Bit Dac and also the 8 volt preouts. The alpine 9835 is only 1 bit and offers 4 volt instead and doesnt have a dsp feature. I think jonathan knows alot about this topic. I hope this helps cause im trying to decide on the eclipse 8454 and 5444 or the newer ones on the www.eclipse-web.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
yeah i did all the features of the new eclipses. do you know what their displays will be like? i really liked the alpine's biolite display, will the new eclipses be anything like that? or better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Check out the new eclipse hu's at www.eclipse-web.com and click on the banner with the headunit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
alright i click on the thing that says "get ready for a brand new lineup", but that doesn't really show too good of a picture of the display of the 8455. does anyone know anywhere else i could possibly see a better picture?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
anybody got anything?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
I just ordered my eclipse 8454 from a good ebay power seller. I should be getting it by wednesday. His feedback was rather impressive and has sold this item before with good feedback. This is a one of kind HU and hard to beat and find.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 453
what do the DSP and DAC do mo?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 454
will a nice little system like mo's really take advantage of the 8v or is this overkill?

i have heard that above 4 or 5 doesnt really help unless you have all premium gear

Bronze Member
Username: Drew_and_not_u

Wilmington, NC United States

Post Number: 43
where can I get one new besides ebay?

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
The DSP is a digital sound processer that gives you more tuning options to make it sound better then a regular HU..theres so many options with this HU> more then alpine can ever offer. DAC is 24bit and and alpine is 1bit. Music is recorded at around 16-18 bit for cds. So the eclipse will give you the clearest sound possible out of the cd. I thin jonathan can explain this better then i can cause he's a expert. lol BUt im telling you the eclipse is better overall. Trust me

p.s. With a system like mine itll run more efficiant with 8volts and not heat as much rather then 2 or 4 volts with alpine. As long as your installation is good and your electrical system up to date you shouldnt have a problem with anything less then 4 volts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us