Does changing box dimensions change anything really?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 88
i was just wondering if changing box dimensions really changed anything... for example..
if you have a box like box 1... and you changed it to box 2... would anything change?

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 89
Upload

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 90
Upload

Username: Gino0809

Post Number: 3
first of all trevor there is no box 2 you only posted up box 1 lol......i love this stuff...someone needs to answer my quesion though

Anonymous

my bad man...there was no box two before when i looked hahaha

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 91
what im getting at is i have 49 inches accross in the back of the truck... i want 2 13s in their own box but i only want to use appx. 32 inches across so an amp can fit in the middle of the 2 boxes... im also trying to stick with JLs specifications... the sealed box works just fine but im trying to see if i can do ported... i dont want the box to be higher than 22niches deeper than 28inches or wider than 16.5 inches each box... total of appx 32inches..

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 92
jon u dumbasss u wudnt be able to help anyway.. u dont know a 20th of what i know and i dont know too much ... stop posting to help... just ask questions lol

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 93
what im lookin to build is around sumin like this... if the box is around 17-18 inches tall i would put the amps (the 2 1000/1s) slanted on top of the box under plexiglass... if the box is taller i would put them angled below the box...

Upload

Username: Gino0809

Post Number: 4
hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1167
Trevor, there would be a difference since the port in box number 2 would be longer than the port in box number 1.

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 94
heres another picture of my "dream" inside the plexiglass the thing thats not labeled is 2 battries
also the sides of the sub boxes are going to be plexiglass so you can see the motor through the 2 pieces of plexiglass

Upload

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 95
so the length of the port inside the box has alot to do with the sound too? .. i thought maybe it just had to do with the lenths like 2 inch by 15 inch (where you can see) i didnt know that you had to add in the factor of how deep the port went... thanks joe

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 247
yes the port length and width is the most important thing in building a ported box . that is how you tune it to a certain frequency.. if u build a box tuned to 32 hz the infrasonic filter on your amp is set to 32 hz and that will be the most effective frequency area for the sub...there are a few port calculators on the internet to make it easier for u though because the size of the port will vary depending on how big the box is and what drivers are in the box..

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1174
Actually you would set the filter a little ways lower. Your not gonna want to start decreasing the level of the frequency that would normally be the loudest would you?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 248
i forgot to add something.. the equimpent u have is very nice so if your not sure about the box and dont feel completely sure on building the thing get it done proffessionaly.. even tho the equipment is good if you screw up the box u can make it sound like shite and could even damage it ... remember its 20% equipment and 80% install that will determine the type of sound u get

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 96
thanks guys.... i figure if i stick to JL specifications and make the box good and solid i shouldnt have to get it done professionally ... i guess i;ll either change my idea or just keep it sealed then... thanks aggain

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 12
Joe Smoe
Gold Member

Michigan
United States

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 06:33 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually you would set the filter a little ways lower. Your not gonna want to start decreasing the level of the frequency that would normally be the loudest would you?

x2 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 121
Hey trevor im about to upgrade into 2 13w6's with 2 jl 500/1 amps in a Jl sealed box. How does it sound for you??? Im sure you have the same setup right now. Let me know

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 97
sorry MO .. unfortunately i dont have them... i wish i did. i only have highs right now.. im just planning ahead for my system... im sure they will sound great though goodluck

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1179
Ha, glad somebody listened to me zac.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1179
Ha, glad somebody listened to me zac.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums