Kappa Perfect v. Type-R

Cutthrote
Unregistered guest
I have pretty much narrowed my search down to these two subs (either 10 or 12"). For anybody that has had experience with both these subs, which one would have the edge in sound quality in a sealed enclosure setup? Also how big a of a difference (sound level wise) is there between a 10 or 12" and one or two of these subs if they were in a sealed enclosure. Just wanted to get the opinions of others before I made my decision.

Bronze Member
Username: Minime80

Post Number: 19
Just looking at the spec's it looks like the Perfects edge out the Type-R's in SQ,... plus they are really well suited to a sealed enclosure, which does provide good SQ easily (I know a ported can have good SQ too, there's just a lot less room for error)

Anonymous

i f they are the new type rs get them

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 441
there are two or 3 threads explaining this....

type R's are louder and in my opinion better all around

Anonymous

which are better Type R or Type S?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 246
type r obviously

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Naww. i have heard them both in the same car comparing them...the type S sounds idenctical to the type R...andthey are both 300watt subs...why waste ur money? Stay away from the 2004 models however, they have problems with the spider seperating from the basket.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 687
not true..the s is 200 watts rms

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 197
Thats a fact! Have three type R's and love them... Only thing I would want more is the type x's

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
uh, nope. Taken directly from www.alpine-usa.com the SWS-1242d and 1042d have an RMS rating of 300 watts, The SWR-1242d and 1042d have 300 watts RMS....this is for the latest type S models with the aluminum cone.... look for yourself...

http://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=67700&I=500SWS12 42

But there is an error....alpine just re-designed the type R for 2005, it now comes with 500 RMS as opposed to 300.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 200
The new models are different... Old 10in was 200rms. Old 12in was 300rms.

Cutthrote
Unregistered guest
No one seeemed to answer the second question...10in v. 12in and one v. two. Any help is appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us