Single sub setup

Username: Singlesubsetup

Post Number: 1
I'm currently running a single 15" atlas with about 600 watts in a sealed box (about 4.5 cubes) in a 1990 honda accord. (it has a trunk)

The sub is great, BUT i need more bass. My first step will be to port the current box. If that doesnt work then I need other alternatives..

I want to have MORE bass.... I dont want to spend more than 500 dollars on a sub. I was thinking either the avalanche 18", matts judgernautt 15"...
I will be getting an amp that puts out about 1500 rms. I only want a single sub set up.... Your suggestions will be helpful

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 236
check out my post that says "this looks insane"...that will throw ya some bass...theres a few MMATS JUGG.'s on ebay to for a good price..you could look into RE MT's too..

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1367
Hey Rob the MT is for comp purposes only. I believe this is his DD. I will tell you this Stunna. I have a Avalanche 15 and it is very nice. I would have to say that the 18 would hurt! Honestly it wont be able to be turned up to full potential unless you can stand amazing levels of play.

Post Number: 2
See thats what I was hoping for.... I really like ascendant audio and chad's a nice guy. I really need MORE bass.

If you say that 18 will get the job done then that leads me to believe it SHOULD be enough. Here are 1 of 3 goals I want to acomplish... (1) vibrate the car next to me at a stop light, (2) when i pull up at work/home/ect you can feel the stuff vibrate inside, or (3) the bass is so loud you can feel it in your stomach to the point of getting sick..

If it can do THAT, (or at least 1 of those 3 things) I'll be getting one (ava 18) probably next week!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1145
Yeah, it should. It doesn't really take much to vibrate cars next to you, or to vibrate stuff in your house. And I'm sure it it's all that James says it is then you'll feel your bones rattle.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1391
OK my brother just stopped by and I had him come out and listen to my avalanche 15. I put on Late night tip with the sub boost at 0 on my deck and turned it up about 3/4 and he got out.lol! He has always had systems he actually got me into systems so he can handle the Bass. So I have heard that on paper the avalanche 18 will perform within 1db of 2-avalanche 15's. That is amazing to me. My brother in-law wants to ditch his w6's and get a Avalanche 18 and I am trying to talk him down to the 15 because he doesnt realize it will be too loud for a Daily Driver. That and I dont want him to be louder then me! lol!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1146
Jeese, now I really want one. I might just get the 12" though, maybe. Nahhhhh, I want a 15. The best part is absolutely nobody around here has ever heard of ascendant audio, and they'd probably make fun of the Avalanche because it doen't look like much. HA. THEY'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1393
Hey Stunna when I bought my 15 Chad told me that the Avalanche 12 will put out the same output as the atlas 15 and the Avalanche 15 will put out the same output as a atlas 18 and so on so i cant imagine the Aval 18! it would be nuts!

Post Number: 3
Dayum you guys respond fast as lightning! lol Well you say it does'nt take much joe but I can't do it with my atlas 15! :-(((***** in my car it sounds awsome though, but when I get out you cant hear anything! I think it's because I have a trunk and NOT a hatchback :-(***

James, what kinda car is that ava 15 in? how much power you got going to it? hummm...

Post Number: 4
Dayum you guys respond fast as lightning! lol Well you say it does'nt take much joe but I can't do it with my atlas 15! :-(((***** in my car it sounds awsome though, but when I get out you cant hear anything! I think it's because I have a trunk and NOT a hatchback :-(***

James, what kinda car is that ava 15 in? how much power you got going to it? hummm...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1149
Yeah stunna, I hear ya. My stuff's in my trunk. Sounds really loud in the car, but outside all you hear are horrible rattles. I meen, you can hear my car rattling from a loooong ways away. Try driving around with your windows down, that makes a very big difference.

Post Number: 6
yea I've tested it.... no such luck... yes it helps but not enough to make a difference.. And yes the trunk buzzes up a storm, but for all that bass inside, just doesnt seem to travel anywhere.

I'm sure hoping this 18 will get it done I'm kinda pumped up now!!! okay james what kinda car you got that 15 in?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1395
mine is in a jeep cherokee. Hey Stunna you know what helps in cars with trunks? take out the rear speakers and get a nice component set for up front.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1396
and I am running it with a PPI a600.2(art series Highly underrated)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1151
Yeah, it's funny when you leave the holes in your rear deck too, especially if you have a ported box. You can stick your hand up inside my car and feel the air flowing.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1152
James, what other amps would you recommend on running a 15" Atlas with? Be gentle with the prices.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1400
yup they act as ports into your car. If he were to put a aval 18 back there he would feel some serious air.

Post Number: 7
yes I thought about that as well. Also the back seat has an arm rest, when you pull that arm rest down, that space there can be cut out.

All that however is a last resort however. I'm soo jealous james you guys with the suv's and hatchbacks are the ones driving by my house and buzzin me lol :-)

Anyone out there gotta loud honda accord with a trunk, or any car with a trunk for that matter... let me know

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1402
Hey Stunna, if you go into your trunk and look on the back of your seat there might be a metal sheet going accross that you can cut out for much increased SPL. Look and see what you can do. I would cut out the fabric behind the arm rest so that you can reach into the trunk from inside the cab. That will make a HUGE difference and no one will ever know it was not supposed to be like that.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1155
Yeah. It doesn't take much, you'd be suprised at how much sound comes in from just cutting out 2 6 x 9 sized holes. It also cut down on the rattling on the inside of the car almost completely, because it relieved a lot of the pressure in the trunk.

Post Number: 8
yea thats what I was thinking, its not so much a metal bracing back there as it is the fiber board crap. only problem is thats where my amp is now mounted and I'd have to move it:-(

I like the arm rest cause people sit in the back and as soon as they would pull the arm rest they'd be in for a shock...

I kinda wanna keep my speakers in the back cause like i said people sit back there:/

Anonymous

what is the general thought of hifonics subs?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5754506653&ssPageName= STRK:MEWA:IT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us