Need help repli plz.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 230
My brother has recently had 3 12" cvr's and he blew all of them. THey were in a sealed enclosure 1.0 cu ft after sub displacement. and now he looking to upgrade. He has 400 dollars to spend. He wants anything that will be louder than the 3 12" cvr's. Thanx

amp specs
3000W 2 Channel High Current Amplifier
UL600HC

2 x 300W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 500W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1000W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1200W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo
1 x 3000W MAX @ 1 Ohm Bridged

P.S
he wants more than 1 sub. 400 for just subs

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 587
welll...how about 2 rockford phosgate stage 3's...they are rated 500 watts rms at 2 ohms...ill sell them to him for 300 shipped whereever...but i dont know if it will beat those 3...i just got these from a friend who got them somehow..said o well take them...only used once to see if they turn on...otherwise they are amazing..hit hard...just never had them in a box...see what other people say haha

but on another note...that is an awesome amp...very nice

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 231
he says thanx but he'll pass. He says he doesnt think that it'll beat 3 12" cvr's

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 747
Try, 2 eclipse 7104 alum's. They will work nice with that amp.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 747
Try, 2 eclipse 7104 alum's. They will work nice with that amp.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 748
Also, 2 12 Jlw3's. There like $180 off the net, and I'm for sure they will beat the Kicker's.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 593
if you can..find 2 eclipse alums 88100...a bit of a step up..not in price though

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 233
alrite thanx all,he wants 2 know would 2 12 or 15" L5 would do

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 756
They will get louder, but won't have the sq.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 604
idk...those are the square ones right?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 766
Yehp.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 617
they have stress points in there cones...allows for less xmax and they are kinda known...for just..idk stopping for no apparent reason on people...id stay away from them if i were you

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 235
oh ok, how would 3 12" RE SE's compare? Or 2 15" SX's

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 620
the two sx's will be louder i think

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 773
He's right about the stress point's on the cone's. As long as he get's a woranty, he will be fine!:-)
Not that familiar with the RE product's. I'm pretty sure they will do.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 625
RE is an aweosme company..no doubt about it...try to look into some jl, eclipse, Rf even has some decent stuff out there...

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 236
Alrite so he says he going to get the SX's, but thats enough talk about his system. I have no bass in my car. And just fro fun i have 2 12" RF p1's, and i wonder if its possible to break the 135db mark with those subs. Imma try and port the he!l out of the box and tune it around 35hz. Any one think it's possible

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 237
Alrite so he says he going to get the SX's, but thats enough talk about his system. I have no bass in my car. And just fro fun i have 2 12" RF p1's, and i wonder if its possible to break the 135db mark with those subs. Imma try and port the he!l out of the box and tune it around 35hz. Any one think it's possible

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 629
i really doubt it...but who knows...go with a double shot ss box...maybe...see what happens and let us know man

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 634
are p1's or p3's better

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 238
p3's will murder a p1

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 237
i have 3 12" alpine type r's for sale

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1366
NO WAY! there is no way those subs will hit 135db's. If you put peak power to them for a second for competition purposes they would prob only burp at best 120 and that is at best!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1134
I agree with James.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 239
just wondering. LOL, I had a system with 2 orion 15" h2's and i hit 152, and i never played the subs over 130 daily driving, but im wondering if i get 2 15" SE's would i atleast be able to get 140 running off a jbl gto1201. I know theres a lot of factors to determine this, but im talkin hypothetically( i know i spelled that word wrong)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1406
yeah maybe!

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 61
How are those RE's i got a Hifonics BX1500D amp and how would a 15" RE x.xx be with that. Could i hit in the 140 range of decibles if i went with a custom ported box for the 15.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 472
I know for a fact you can do a 135 with those punches. :-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1407
yeah OK

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 775
I have 2 10 inch Hx2's and I'm pegging 127 all day long on a cheep radioshack tester. There underpowered by 100 watt's a piece, and they are in a sealed box. If I went ported, and did some work, I could hit 135.
But then agen... mine aren't stage 1's.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 14
James Longo
Gold Member

Wilton , ct

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 07:18 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah OK

You dont think so?, what makes you so sure.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1408
Hey zac, Maybe you can hit 135 in a ported enclosure tuned to 55-60htz pushing 300/piece in a burp with the proper EQ's and equipment that I am sure you have cause you are DB god but no way is he going to hit 135 in a DD in a ported box tuned to 30-35htz its just not going to happen. maybe the stage 2's but the stage 1's are garbage.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 16
135 isnt that hard to do man, my cousin did 136 with two punch xlc 12's in a crappy bandpass box with a jenson 250 rms amp.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 776
Just wondering... What are hx2's? Aren't they stage 2's? I'm not sure... that's why I'm asking.
People underestimate RF sub's.:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1409
with his windows down and the sun shining on his as$ all day long. What kind of car a matchbox? I am just F'in with you. Zac 135 isnt easy to do either. If you know what you are doing yes a 135 isnt that hard but not everyone knows what is going on.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 777
Zac, hhow can I git a little more Db's with my system. Beside's going ported.?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 684
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=451&1=459&3=2963

what kind of RF's are these

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 17
All he did was hook up the wires, the box was a best buy plexi window crappy bandpass and the amp was an little old jenson 250, actually, now that i think about it the amp is only 75 rms by 2 at 2 ohm. His car is a 96 mustang, and yes his window was down, lol. Also, his seats fold down, which helped.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 685
he didnt hit 135

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 782
They are stage 3's.
Anything???

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1411
so he didnt truely hit 135! I was reffering to legal mic positioning and windows and doors shut. I am sure you have hit 180's or better with your windows down. we were reffering to two different types of measuring DB's. So you have to agree with me in comp situation he would not hit 135 db's with a pair of puch stage 1's

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 688
how come you hit stronger db's with the windows down...i cant hear it as well in my car

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1412
because SPL(SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL) that is the key term here pressure. when the windows are down it is harder to build up more pressure because in order to build up mass amounts off pressure in a car the amount that you put in has to leave as well. With your windows down it is endless the amounts of pressure that can be displaced.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 18
I know, he hit 136

(taylor, first things first go out and buy a bass mekaniks cd, start at track 40 mid volume and start going up from there, be sure to have your car running, and wait a few minutes in between every 3 or 4 tracks, this will let the woofers cool a little and give the alternator a chance to bring your voltage back up, and when you find the loudest note/track, shut the radio off for awhile, let your subs cool way down, let your battery charge way up, then play that track at a higher volume. i can almost gauantee you'll find a full db by doing this, finding your note. Another thing is start playin with box placement in your car, move it into different postitions, even turning it around, flipping it up, back, ect.)

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 19
James, that is inaccurate information.
btw, not sure if you were refering to me but i've never came close to 180's.
Also, some cars are louder sealed and some are louder with the windows down, it is realative to the vehicle and the system.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 784
It is in an extended cab truck. So Playing with the box isn't an option. Where can I git one of the cd's?
My frend, has a bass cd, but the bass isn't near as good as three 6 mafia's "Late Night Tip."

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1415
how the hell are you going to tell me that is inacurate info it is the laws of physics my friend. In order for sound pressure to be built up it has to be displaced and with your windows down it makes it much easier to obtain high DB's

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 240
they're just temporary subs until i can get my hands on enough money to 2 15" SE's, but zac do you think its possible to hit 140 tuned around 35 with the 2 !15" SE's

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 37
im gonna have to agree with james on the windows thing i didn't know the physics of it but i have heard the diff in like 10 dif cars. and those subs will not hit 135

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1417
Hey Bass yes those subs are capable of hitting 140 wether you are going to be hitting those numbers depends on a number of things. Your car,Your box,your amp,all of your equipment will have to be tuned properly, unless you are zac or his cousin who can hit 145 with a tin can and a spoon.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 241
alrite thanx

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 693
hey will someone on here with an ebay account do somen for me...my aim is nushaganazad if anyone has it

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1421
what do you need sub?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 694
nevermind i got someone to do...lol thank you though

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 20
James, I'm sorry, but your wrong. However, even though some car's spl will go up when a window is rolled down, doesnt mean this is a rule of thumb. There are many vehicles that get louder all sealed up. For instance, many SUV's are louder legal (sealed) rather than outlaw (open window/door).

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1426
Yes because SUV's are typically not as well sealed as a coupe or a sedan. Not to many people buy suv's because the road noise is low. Now because of that they naturally let air out decreasing the air volume in the car so that Sound pressure levels can be optained more easily, unlike a well sealed lexus you would have to put the windows down to obtain the same levels of pressure at the same given volume.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 696
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18798%26item%3D3877663004 %26

my question is...will anyone email this guy and give him my email so i can talk to him..i dont have an ebay account

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1428
Hey sub you dont want that unit. All Eclipse's come with t security code and if they dont have it you cant use it. he does not have it so it is no good to you. Ask jonathan he might know of a way to get another code but i wouldnt get it. plus he has 0 feedback which is never good. I kow everyone has to start somewhere but typically you can find the same unit from a reliable seller.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 697
ok...well im looking for a better Hu all together...right now i have a kenwood...and if anyone knows of any or wants to look cause they are bored that would be nce...i want somen cheap...real cheap off ebay or somen lol...and i would prefer somen that lights up green...not neccesary though lol

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 797
Are suv is sealed pretty well! You are eather talking about an older moddle, or a ford.:-) I know you aren't talking about a Chevy. lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1430
hahaha actually when I was writing that I was thining about the Tahoe for some reason. lol!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 700
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39755%26item%3D5756457867 %26

what about this

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 800
That's what I'm talking about, actually in all seriousness, our's is pretty quiet. Doesn't let much noise in. The stock system that came in it doesn't sound that bad either.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 21
James, i'm sorry, but you have no clue.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 22
Most all of Jame's posts i've read have been for the most part insightfull and accurate. But ones like these last few show his inexperience with car audio and spl.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 701
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39755%26item%3D5756457867 %26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3293%26item%3D5755967755% 26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3288%26item%3D5755969188% 26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50557%26item%3D5755971365 %26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32827%26item%3D5755662265 %26

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 702
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47103%26item%3D5561509828 %26

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 703
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67764%26item%3D5756418195 %26

anyone think i should buy any of this..im looking into getting some moniters in my car as well...anyone know anything i can do to make this do well...for CHEAP lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1437
Ok zac your right you win! It is what you say it is whatever that might be. I have been awake for the last 30 hours so I may be delerious but I dont think so

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 23
the alpine has only one set of rcas

the nakamichi doesnt have a harness

the clarion is a tape deck

and the dvd player auction is for the tuner only(brain box) , not the head unit or tv

and for the eclipse, james is 100% that thing is junk without the code

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 704
thanks to you guys im not screwed..lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1438
Hey sub that alpine is nice but only has one pre out, the naki is nice also,the clarion is a tape deck are you sure you want that, The cd changer is a cd changer lol, and there has to be something wrong with that in dash monitor.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1439
hahaha zac you posted as I was writing. yeah Sub that stuff is pretty much worhtless to you.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 706
damn...will you guys check out the thread.....guys check this out lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1440
Hey sub normally when something is too good to be true it is!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3390
"Are suv is sealed pretty well! You are eather talking about an older moddle, or a ford.:-) I know you aren't talking about a Chevy. lol"

Cheap
Hooptie-box
Engineered
Vehicles
Relying
On
Lousy
Engines &
Transmissions

:-) j/k, although it does describe every Caprice Classic I've seen around here.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1450
hahahahaha that is the best thing I have read all night being a Jeep owner and all.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 713
NEONS ALL THE WAY

Anonymous

lol That's why you get a Honda! lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3391
Honda:
Hang
On,
Not
Done
Accelerating

Had
One,
Never
Drive
Another

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 274
Hey, i have a Monte Carlo and love it. Have anything bad to say about them?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3392
As long as you know we're just joking and don't get offended, sure :-)

Money spent
On
New
Troubles
Every week

Cars
Always
Rust and
Leak
Oil

Chevy:
Constantly
Having
Erratic
Vibrations,
Running
On
Luck
Every
Time

GMC:
G@y
Mans
Chariot

Toyota:

The
One
You
Ought
To
Avoid

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 275
heres one.

For
Old
Retarded
Drivers

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 802
Lol that's a new one for me!:-) haha
Cheap, it's $50000. Unless you're a dealer!:-)
It's loaded, sitten on 20's. Any way, love bashing other's car's. It's funny how twisted people will get!
My saying is, "it beat's walking!"

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3393
Porsche:

Proof
Of
Rich
Spoiled
Childen
Having
Everything

That one's true :-)

Dodge:
Dead
Or
Dying
Garbage
Emitter

Fiat:
Fix
It
Again,
Tony!

Ford:
Full
Of
Roaring
Drunks

Heres one I came up with :-)

Chevrolet:

Childress
Hendrick &
Earnhardt Inc.
Violently
Racing
Only to
Lose
Every
Time

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1254
Jonathan you have too much time on your hands my man...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3394
Yeah, I basically babysit all night while my g/f is at work :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1258
I thought you were working on your house or something?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1511
so you know what my life is like! lol!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3395
"I thought you were working on your house or something?"
On the weekends. House is a little drive away from here, still not liveable yet. I watch my daughter during the week.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1262
Ahhhh, I see. Sounds like fun lol.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1264
Jon, while your here...

www.ebay.com look at item number 5755142685

Think it should be fine if it's a refurb? My MTX amp was a refurb and it was fine. I'm planning on pushing an Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15" with it.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3397
Refurbs are fine. You shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1266
Alright, I thought so. Isaac said he didn't trust refurbs, but I thought it would be ok.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1527
yeah I saw those as well I was meaning to ask you jon what you thought of them. I know certain companies are better with refurbs then others but I didnt kow about the HCCA because Directed would have had to refurbed it correct?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us