Does size matter? 6.5 vs 6x9?

Username: Bonedigger

Tyler, TX USA

Post Number: 8
My Tundra is setup for 6.5 inch speakers in the doors. However, the rear suicide doors could easily fit a 6x9 with some modification. Can I get better sounds with a 6x9 than a 6.5? I have Infinity 6.5 in front and was thinking of some nice 6 x 9 with good bass in the back. What do you guys think?

Todd

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 110
Just use all 6.5 they will sound better than the 6x9 beleive it or not,round speakers are better than ovals.And if your going to be adding a sub then i wouldnt worry to much about your rears,get some good components up front(infinity kappa perfect,boston acoustics,focal,dynaudio)and for the rears you could leave the stock ones or just get some bottom of the line of the brands i mentioned.It would sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 111
Also you will need to get an amp for them.Look into zapco,arc audio,ppi pc pcx,orion.

Username: Bonedigger

Tyler, TX USA

Post Number: 10
Thanks, that helps a lot. Let me see how the 6.5 inch Infinities work out once I hook up the amp. I may not need the extra bass. I hear that the Infinities are power hungry and really only sound good with an amp. I should know by tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Todd
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us