Good amp for a single 12" L7 sub?

Username: Wj94

Post Number: 8
i just picked up one of these subs for $30 + shipping, haha. so yeah, recommend a good amp for just one L7. i got a 2000 mustang and don't want to overload my car, just get some nice bass out of it and you can't go wrong with $30 for a $300 sub. =)

Anonymous

where did you get a solo L7 for $30...is it the knock off with the blue cone, or a refurbed one???

well...anyways...it is a 750 watt sub so you'll wanna get at least a 600 watt rms amp....like the JBL BP600.1

its a good amp..i have have one on an L5 12...but the L7 can take a bigger amp...If you have the cash go for a Kicker KX600.1 (if the sub is a DVC 4ohm.) Some Kx600.1 test out at over 700 watts and have a built in subsonic filter. The L7 is more of an SPL sub than an SQ one, put it in a vented box and you'll be surprised.....

Post Number: 9
nah, it's a regular sub. i just came across a friend in need of money, lol. how much could i expect to pay for the KX600.1? i checked ebay on the JBL amp and its bout $250, which isn't bad at all. i've never actually heard a single L7 sub, but i've heard good things about them and it's not like i'm getting anything better for $30 anyways.

Post Number: 10
just found one of the kicker amps on ebay for 250 as well. i'm pretty damn sure the sub is dual voice coil, but not 100%

Anonymous

yea...the L7 is dvc....but they come in both dvc 4 ohm and dvc 2 ohm....if yours is the dvc 4 ohm then i would so go with the KX600.1....if its the 2ohm version go with the JBL amp...

the reason why is that the kicker is only 2 ohm stable and the JBL is 1 ohm...but the kicker has a subsonic filter....and that L7 would be great for a vented box....vented boxes usually give about +3dB over a sealed one

you can find out what DVC model yours is by puting a volt-ohm meter on ONE voice coil...if it reads some where around 4 ohm....the subs is DVC 4 ohm... if it reads about 2 ohm...it DVC 2ohm....

no matter that version your sub is the JBL amp can run it, but the kicker can only run the DVC 4ohm one...

Kicker will actually have more power that the JBL amp...usually...Kicker amps are under rated...you MAY get 100watts rms more from the kicker than the JBL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
werd, i'll have to find out if its 2 or 4 ohms....didn't ask him about that. does the vented box lose sound quality compared to a sealed box? i don't really need to blast away the neighborhood, if that's the main difference....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us