Replacing Factory Delco Bose, would like opinions...

Username: Caddynikk

Post Number: 1
I have a 96' Caddy Seville STS, my right rear 6x9 is blown. I like the clarity of the BOSE systems, but I want to be able to play mp3's and a slot face on the head unit. Plus the price of replacements for the factory stuff is ridiculous! I've decided to go aftermarket.

I've ordered:
Pioneer DEH-P960MP head unit (RMS 22w /50w peak)
Pioneer GM-6150F 4-channel amp (RMS 60W x 4 /600w peak)

For the rear 6x9's, I decided to go with Infinity Kappa 693.5i (RMS 2-110w /330w peak)

For the front's I ordered Infinity Kappa 52.5i (RMS 2-55w /165w peak) because 5.25's are listed at www.metraonline.com for my car. Then I went to www.mobiletoys.com and found out that my fronts are 6.5"! I'll be ordering Infinity Kappa 63.5i (RMS 2-75w /225 peak) which I think are a better fit for the amp.

I'm looking for clarity at all volumes, with decent bass, but not setting off alarms or making myself deaf.

Post Number: 2
Oh damn! www.cardomain.com shows my front speakers as 7" rounds!!!!!

Does anyone know for sure?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3385
I believe those are 6.5 (or 6 3/4, either will work) up front, not positive, though. For clarity overall those Infinities will be much better than Bose. I personally think you would have been better off with a Kappa component set up front and forgotten the 6x9s.

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 12
cars are weird man. my rodeo said 6.5 in front, and another place said 5.25 in the front. neither of them fit correctly, it's weird.

Post Number: 3
Jonathan,
Thanks for the size confirmation. I would have done the components, but I really don't want to pay someone, what they will charge me for the customizations. I'm not setup to do the cutting myself.

Post Number: 4
Will running the Infinity Kappa 693.5i's (RMS 2-110W /330W peak) at 60W RMS be considered under powering the speakers?
What affect will it have on sound quality?
Should I be thinking about getting a 100Wx2 RMS amp for the rears?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us