I'd like your opinion on this system

Username: Hpman2474

Post Number: 3
I plan on buying the Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp 4x6 speakers to fit in my 99 Grand Am. I would go another route, but I dont want to be modding things on my car and I figure these are the best 4x6's out there. I am also going to get an amp for these. They are rated for up to 60 watts RMS, so I figured I'd get an amp that goes 50 or 60 watts x 2 so that I don't blow them.

For my HU I plan to buy the Pioneer DEH-P3700MP which puts out 22 watts RMS x 4.

I plan on buying this sub/amp/box package from crutchfield. http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=208250&I=236TP12X2

I also plan on buying some 6x9's for the back, but I havnt really researched them as of yet.

How do you guys feel about this setup. I can't really go much higher on price than this considering I'm a senior in HS and I don't have a job. I'm putting all this in myself because I want to learn how to do it and I figure how else better to learn than to do it yourself, and yes I have done my research as to how to hook up wires etc, and watched vids, so I don't think I'll screw anything up.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 60
I have had no personal experience with that sub package, but I've heard they don't last long. Maybe skip the 4X6 amp for now and get betters subs/amp. You can always pick up an amp for the speakers later.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 251
i have 3 12" alpine type r's for sale $300 shipped....it comes with a box for 2 of them.
email me at rtc@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 252
to bad that car has a shitty speaker setup.. 4x6 and 6x9 are ineffeciant speakers .. if u could customize a nice 6 1/2 compenent set in there you would be much happier i think .. and as some people will agree sq is better with only front speakers .. more realistic soundstage .. i didnt really believe it till i tried it now im using 2 speakers instead of 6.. i agree with TB .. those are mtx's lower end subs .. you would be better off with 1 good sub like the type R's robs selling :-).. but there are plenty of good subs out there hopefuly some people will list some .. alpine is all i use
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us