Rear Speakers?

jack m
Unregistered guest
I've heard a lot of negative remarks about having rear speakers. I just bought a pair of Diamond Audio s600s Component speakers for the front and I would like to know if i should buy a set of rear speakers. I'm not getting any subwoofers, but i still want some bass. I thought a nice set of mid-bass speakers would be nice for the rear. Are the rear speakers necessary?

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 394
If your not getting subs then I'd go with rears..Either way I would go with rears. Sounds better if ya ask me.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 112
Many people dont like rear fill. If u do put in rear speakers try crossing them over(cut out the highs) This way they wont distract from your front stage. U can do this with many HU's

Bronze Member
Username: Sanchez5888

Post Number: 32
Personally I think you should definitely have rear speakers. They create a fuller sound in the car in my opinion. Sure you can spend hours or hundreds of dollars trying to set your front speakers just right and not use rear speakers. Or you could just put in some rear speakers and it all fills in together very nicely

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3441
"Sure you can spend hours or hundreds of dollars trying to set your front speakers just right and not use rear speakers. Or you could just put in some rear speakers and it all fills in together very nicely"
Until you hear a system with a proper killer front stage and you feel bad because your imaging is crap :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1744
Definitely get rear speakers if you're not planning to have any sub. Spend a little cash on a good pair.
Tune the HU/amp to send mid bass to the rears. This way you will get "fuller" bass inside the cabin.

Bronze Member
Username: Sanchez5888

Post Number: 36
Yeah Jonathan I'm sure you're imaging is a lot better than mine. But for most people, they really can't tell the difference. Once you start to get higher end, the hundreds of dollars that you are spending are getting you less and less noticeable difference. To most people, its not worth it. Especially since most people don't have any idea on how to set up a nice front sound stage. Rear speakers give you a nice sound without as much effort and cost. But yeah I agree, if you're that much into your music, and you absolutely NEED the best, go with no rears. But seeing how he isn't even getting a sub, I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to this question

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3449
I was just picking anyway, everyone has their tastes . That's what makes the hobby fun :-).

jack m
Unregistered guest
thanks for your input! got one more question, should i keep my rear stock speakers or upgrade them? if i upgrade, any suggestions on which ones to get?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1823
That'll depend on you. I'd leave your rears alone and work on the fronts. They are more important.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us