Is this the Truth or is he just fawking with me.

Anonymous

I'm lookin to get an eclipse Titanium sub but the owner of a local audio shop told me that Diamond TDX sub will trash the Ti, is this true.

I've read good things about the TIs on this forum but do u guys think the TDX will be louder or sound better than the TI.

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 38
i never heard a ti but i have heard the tdx, which size are you getting oh and the tdx pounds really good like the jlw7's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1303
Hey Sub is that you? lol! I have not heard TI but from what I have heard I would go with that. I have heard the Diamond audio and it is a great sub. Zac Davis actually ranked them very high and said that they were used a lot in comp's for SQL. I would try to hear it if they sell it and see what you think.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7457
what type of box? car? how much power? what's the rest of your system? what are you aftr? SPL only? SQ only? what do you listen to?

you need to qualify your statement there.. both are great subs. Personally I prefer the Ti to Diamond but both are excellent products.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7457
what type of box? car? how much power? what's the rest of your system? what are you aftr? SPL only? SQ only? what do you listen to?

you need to qualify your statement there.. both are great subs. Personally I prefer the Ti to Diamond but both are excellent products.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1009
I don't think that subfanatic, wasn't he getting his TI online?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 495
nope it wasnt me....i already have mine on the way...and supposedly from what i hear the Ti's properly powered and boxed...along with the w7's...will beat the w7's....so in my opinion it sounds like the Ti will be better...my friend has a 12 inch w7 running off a 1000/1 in a ported box...and i have a POS box in my room ill be running my sub in this wed until i get my snail shell...they arent responding to me....powered by a A1200HCT audiobahn amp...bad amp..but ill only be using it until i get my ed nine.1...and when i get just that hooked up ill tell you which is louder, bettter sq...anything...

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 440
titanium is better than the tdx from the setups ive heard

tdx sounds nice but doenst get as loud....then again they were not identical setups but i think generally the TI is considered a slight notch ahead of the tdx

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 502
i really hope the Ti is as everyone says it is...if i get it and it sounds like crap im going to be super pissed

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1018
It's not gonna be crap. lol. Jesus subfanatic, you need to quit worrying about this. An Eclipse TI in a ss box with a nine.1 pushing it is gonna sound awsome. If it sounds bad then your either deaf, or you majorly screwed something up.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 506
haha...sorry...im jsut really worried...so many people that know nothing at school said a w7 is going to school me and it keeps getting to me lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1023
HA. Your school sounds like mine. I know, it's really really to not worry about car audio stuff, and wondering whether you could get something better, etc. Don't listen to all the retards at your school, how much do they really know anways? Wouldn't you rather let them think your system's gonna stink, and they once you get it installed kick all their @sses? You should hear the morons at my school. This one guy argues with me everyday that the MTX 9500 is better than the w7. I showed him a picture of a X.X.X once because I was thinking about getting one, and he made fun of it because the cone wasn't "plastic or aluminum." What a tard, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 71
i know what u mean. Kids at my school made fun of my 2 tempests until i turned them on. Some kid with a RF p2 15 said "there is no way those no name subs (no logo on tempests) are gona beat my P2". lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 510
hahha...i love these people too...someone told me that the 10 inch 9500 will take any sub made...any inch as well...and then he WENT ON and told me that the RF's i had would completly mol*st any eclipse made...i just dont know what to do anymore..i honestly easily know more than anyone at my school and yet people think other people do and i have no idea what im talking about...itsoooo damn frustrating

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 72
now that i have four, people just stare in amazment and try to figure out why they feel thier sphincter lossening up.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 511
HAHA...thats the way nick...gj

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 512
HAHA...thats the way nick...gj...my only problem is going to be this kid with a 12w7 and 1000/1..thats all i have to beat to show the school i know what im doing...cause people think im a tard when i talk about subs...i think its just because they dont know what things like...xmax..rms..spl...sq...and stuff like that is...im soo mad at them

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 73
it is really frustrating. I will try to give peopl advice like, "look at the adire shiva" or "A jbl amp will work good with that" but they always go buy some pos pyramid/sony thing b/c it looks cooler then the shiva or a "2000watt" cuspid amp b/c its so powerful.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 74
The worst one was when some kid came up to me and told me that i need to cut some "air holes" in my box.(this is when i was running 2 tempests sealed.) He told me to put some holes in the side of the box so it would bounce off the sides of the car. He also told me my boxes were not flimsy enough. WTF He said to use 1/4 inch plywood. I then proceeded to tell him all the formulas required to determine port tuning and the reasons why i had chosen a sealed box. he just look confused. Just b/c they had best buy put a pair of DUAL's in thier car they all the sudden think they know it all.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 75
i know. I have only met one kid in my school that has heard of RE. I showed a kid a pic of a RE MT. He said he still wanted to get a W7 b/c they are the loudest subs out there. I told him all about both driver's xmax, wattage handling capabilities. He thought i was bullshiting him.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 515
is this kid on crach...not flimsy enough...i hope his box breaks and hits him in the head

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 76
i know. he said he makes boxes. i told him i wish i could hear one of his.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 517
haha yea i know exactly....there was also this kid telling my that he had 2 eclipse subs...i was like really...he must know somen...then perceded to tell me they hit 229 db's...then i decided...your a complete idiot

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 518
do you have any of those kids at school who have like unlimited funds...so they perceed to put laike 100000000 subs in there cars so it HITS EXTREMELY HARD...and everyone thinks they know EVERYTHING...its sooo aggrevating OMG..

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 77
LOL. A kid asked me to come to his house to build a box for his subs. he said he had some jl equipment. When i got there i found out he had a 12" Jl w3v2, a sony explode 12", and a socshe amp from walmart.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1030
HA yeah. That guy that told me the 9500 would beat everything... A couple months ago he tried to tell me that he thought his two mtx subs were probably hitting like 180 dbs'. I'm like, wow, how many fricken subs do you have, you've got to be kidding. He's like, "yeah, it's pretty loud, the world record is like 220 db's though, so I'm not close yet"

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 78
yes. some kid drives a 2004 escalade with 24 inch rims and a pair of jl 13w6v2 in a custom ported box. Mommy and Daddy paid for it of course.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 519
yes joe...i love those kids..they are the best....i just wish it was me and someone else who knew somen that could just sit there and laugh at people

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 79
The problem is most people get anxious and dont want to save up some money to get decent equipment. they rush out and buy some sony crap.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 80
i think i'm hitting around 150 with my setup but i honestly have no clue. I want to get metered tho.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 520
yea i really want to get metered when im done...nick what are you using

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 82
4 adire tempest in 2 8 cuft boxes tuned to 32 htz. 2 kicker kx600.1 rated at 725 watts of output a piece at 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 522
wow....what a pos system...no name crap

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 84
lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 524
thats what most people would say....but i bet it sounds amazing...im hoping to hit at least 145....praying for 150

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 80
hey guys... im one of those kids mommy and daddy gave them an escalade....lol... cept im a lil...a lot...different than the rest... not only do my parent not pay for me to do things to my car... they despise of it... i saved up 1800$$ with a job and i was going to buy a flipscreen and i got yelled at... they said they cant belive there son grew up to be somebody that wants to spend that much money on there car...WTF right? with my job now im pullin in around 3G a year... so i planed after the first year. (with help of B-day n xmas) 2 13w7s... 2 1000/1s flipscreen...(internet prices) then 2nd year... headers, exhaust, chip, maybe ram air, and VDC kit(vertical doors) ... now i think my dreams may be crushed... they say that because i want these things im not happy and therefore i dont appreciate my car... i keep my escalade in 10 times better condition then theres. they wash theres like once a month(i wash it the rest of the time for themn... i wash mine 2-3 times a week... i also keep my interior really clean( clean and conditon the leather every 2 weeks).. im still trying to nagotiate with them to let me spent my own money that i earned... boy i hope it works... its rediculous... i repsct my parents more than any1 i know, i have a 4.0 GPA... stay out of trouble... and this is the shiit i get (not the car:-p... the bitchenn) ..

nick,,, sorry buddy but i doubt your hitting 150db ... thats hella loud for temptests .. i could be wrong tho

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 87
its pretty over powering. I have a switch to turn two of them off for normal listening.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 525
yea trvor dude...more power to ya then...its absolutly cool as hell if someone has a parent that buys it for them...if they know what they are takling about...but the kind of person i know..is the guy that goes down to bb or cc and gets the most exp[ensive thing there on mommy and daddys credit card...but hope things work out on the escalade man...that bs on your rents part

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 81
thats badass how you got a switch to turn 2 of them off... not a bad idea at all... i may bring that into mind whenever i build my system... if i can..

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 88
I was just guessing. i have no idea. it should be about as loud as a pair of 15 in brahmas. maybe mid to high 140's. who knows until your metered. : )

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 526
who me? or you?

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 89
put a switch on the remote wire for the amp.(since i have one for each set of subs)

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 83
theres a few ppl at my school that think they have awesome sytems that have like volfenhag subs or some crap and P2s and stuff... the last escalade that went to my school was done up right tho... the kid is just a dick tho.. he had 24 inch spinners 4 10w6v2s and all zapco amps with some high brand speakers that were like 800 a pair i forget the name .. im firends with his sister tho.... she has a 2004 CLK500 ... she wont be 16 until august lol...

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 90
i was talking about me

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 84
wait what size are your temptest? i jus automatically assumed they were 12s... 2 15 brahamas should def hit 150db with the right box/amps ... you really think you can keep up with them? thats aweseom

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 530
wat do you think i could hit nick? any guesses

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 94
tempest are all 15in. capable of 16.4mm of one way linear xmax, brahma and 13w7 both do 29mm of one way xmax. XX.X does 32mm xmax. So 16.4mm * 4 = 66mm, 29 * 2 = 58mm, 32 * 2 = 64, get my logic. I assumed around 150db maybe more maybe less.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 95
what type of equipment will u have Subfanatic?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 531
15 inch eclipse ti in a snail shell box...powered by a ed nine.1 with a 150 alt and a yellow top optima battery with 120 square feet of edeadv2 just in my trunk in a 1998 plymouth neon expresso

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 99
LOUD. definitley 140's maybe even creepin up on 150. Just guessing tho.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 533
im hoping for 150....any thing special i can do to get it there

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 100
connect the trunk and cabin by folding down a seat in the back if possible. if there are holes for speaker in the back below the rear window and u dont plan on putting speaker there then leave them open to connect the air in the cabin with the air in the trunk. Use dynamat or like product(supposedly increases spl by up to 3db.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 536
yea...thats what the edead is for..and im keeping the smaller side of the seat down...it sounds best like that...and where the 6 by 9s are in the back..im taking those out and just putting 6 by 9 speaker grills there so they dont look bad...

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 101
didnt see the edead, good idea with the 6x9

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 538
yea...thats waht james told me to do...he has big a huge influence on my system...too bad its not done yet..it will be like 2months...DAMN COPS

Anonymous

GOOD GOD
This thread just went bonkers.
My system will be;

- arc audio KAR 900.1
- either the ti or the tdx [box will be ported, using aero ports]
- perfect 6.1 comps up front
- zapco I2100 for the comps [100 x 2]
- cda 9835
- still deciding on whether or not to get a pair of 8'' midbass drivers for the rear deck.
- car is a 2002 jetta

I'm definatly after SQL will a slight lean towards spl.

I listen mostly to hip hop, a lil reggae and rock too.

Hopefully i'll have enough info to make my choice this week.

Anonymous

GOOD GOD
This thread just went bonkers.
My system will be;

- arc audio KAR 900.1
- either the ti or the tdx [box will be ported, using aero ports]
- perfect 6.1 comps up front
- zapco I2100 for the comps [100 x 2]
- cda 9835
- still deciding on whether or not to get a pair of 8'' midbass drivers for the rear deck.
- car is a 2002 jetta

I'm definatly after SQL will a slight lean towards spl.

I listen mostly to hip hop, a lil reggae and rock too.

Hopefully i'll have enough info to make my choice this week.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 568
yea man....that sounds like a nice a$$ set up...yea and this thread did get a little off subject haah.,....but i think we came to the conclusion go with the Ti....but i should get mine tom or the next day in the mai....ill tell you how it sounds

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1044
Lol, no love for me Subfanatic? I told you to put the grills on your rear deck and leave the holes, cause I have it done in my car. I also recommended the eDead, cause I have it done in my car. But, if everybody thinks James is so cool...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 932
its ok. joe. i hopin to be in the mid 140s with my brahma 12. im going to throw a lil bit of sound deadener in it, and bam, i should be there. im at 139 right now, and that was underpowering my brahm brahm, but now i have the right amp, which is coming very very soon, i will be in the right ballpark. my town is just like you guys, you have the rich kids who have loud systems, that their parents paid for and now the kids hear think they know everything, one has a 12w7, yes cliche, that mother is loud though, he is at mid 140s with it, but it is in a jeep cherokee. get this, there is a kid who drives a f*cking cedes g wagon here with 22 giovanis, he has some mtxs dont know what kind but im louder.:-) and his brother drives those lil cedes suv with the amg package, both are over 75k cars. there is another kid that his parents bought him a hummer H1. so this place is full of lil rich kids. me i live in luxury......infiniti g20 vintage 1992. hellz ya doggy. yo anon ive heard if you turn the aeroports out side of the box you can get a db increase

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1330
hahahahaha Joe you little punk a$$ you hate me cause you wanna be me! lol!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 571
haha....sorry joe...i guess what was me..your two names get me really mixed up..i get lost alot lol...but yea it was joe not james...maybe both...but from now one when im giving credit im saying it was from one of my fat j's lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1057
Nice...., one of the fat j's huh. Someday I'll be just like you James, soooommmmeeeedaayyyay...

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 100
Nick, i'm not meaning to upset you but there is no way in hell that you are hitting 150 dB. I'm getting ready to be running 2 Orion XTR PRO 2400's and a Digital Designs 9917 and am HOPING to get to 150. It's not nearly as easy as you think.

Woofers don't get high numbers based on xmax. Actually xmax matters about as much as if it rained last week. What xmax really effects is how low the woofer is going to effectively recreate bass. in SPL, motor strength and TONS OF POWER is where its at.

Scenario: I have an LMT that has 48mm xmax (96mm total). I have a 9917 which has about 75mm of total suspension. The 9917 has less suspesion than most woofers including the triple x and w7 and brahma but will stamp their azzes in SPL.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1073
I was gonna say something earlier about Nick's goofy xmax calculations but I didn't feel like it. Like chief said, for major spl xmax doesn't mean much. What frequency's do most competators run at comps? Like 50 or 60? Your sub isn't gonna have much excursion that high. The time to get a good sub with a ton of xmax is when your going for sql. Like chief said, higher potential excursion allows the sub to play lower.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1074
And honestly, how can you guess that your hitting 150 db's if you haven't had it metered yet? Do you know how loud 150 db's is? Sound can be very decieving.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1339
hey Joe, I dont know if you read the other post but I finally got it in tonight.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1075
Yeah, I read that. I'm still gonna wait for you to crank her up, but from what you've said I'm starting to sway twords one. What are you running it with btw, and what are the specs on the enclosure.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1341
the specs on the enclosure are 2.5cubic ft sealed. I can send you the exact dimensions if you want. I am running it with a PPI a600.2 600watts rms @ 4ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us