12W3V2 / 500/1 amp JL audio ???

Username: Bginamercedes

Post Number: 1
if i have two 12W3V2 and a 500/1 amp will i be in good shape.??? is this set up going to thump or what??? what can i buy that is better other wise with out spending over 700$ ????

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1305
that will sound nice. that amp is a great match for two of those subs. I would recomend slot ported for those subs to get the most out of them. If you want to stay under $700 you have a lot of options. Do you use Ebay? If you do then your options are huge. I would look into image dynamics. Also Eclipse aluminums and Titaniums. if you have the chance to go to a local shop and hear any of these I would recomend it. The JL's will sound nice though it all depends on how much you want to do.

Username: Bginamercedes

Post Number: 5
would it be better to put one 12w7 or stay with 2 w3's??? and yes i do use ebay to buy my stuff. how many watts should i run to each sub on the w3's ????

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1320
well if you get the w3's I would run the 500/1. amother combo that would sound very nice is going with 1 12w6v2 and the 500/1 or with 1 -12in Eclipse Titanium with the 500/1 would sound very good. It all depends on what kind of sound you are after. The w6v2 and the eclipse TI are geared toward SQL with great SQ while having the ability to get loud while sounding very nice. The w7 with the 500/1 I believe will put you over your budget. the w7 is a nice sub but expensive. I would recomend a w6v2 over the w7 because the SQ is much better but thats my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 537
sorry james gonna have to disagree...if he goes with the Ti..i would reccomend..much cheaper and is better than the w7...but the Ti would run much better with a Jl e1800D amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us