Huge Newb to the Alarm System

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 441
Well..im considering getting a alarm system cause one of my friends recently had his system stolen from him...so i have a few questions...first off...to get a alarm that will sound when someone rocks the car or opens a door...or anything along that nature...how much is the minumum to spend and what company and where can i get it and can i install it or is it way to intricate...thanks in advance...any advice is helpful

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 501
come on guys...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1116
bump

Username: Dan65mustang

Post Number: 1
viper 560xv wiring diagram can anyone help

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 350
subfanatic..check out the old VIPER 300 ESP that is what i use in my car. It arms and unarms your car and it really affective. You can find one on ebay somtimes for real cheap and its a good brand to protect your audio.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 564
Sub, alarms can be a pain to install, especially if you want to take full advantage of all the bells and whistles. It can be done, but I don't recomend it to most people. I figure if I would rather trouble shoot the 200 + miles of wires in an F16 than install an alarm most poeple won't like it either.

As for how much to spend and brands, I would look into clifford or viper. You can get one of their entry level alarms for about 250 installed and it should take care of all your needs. If you want to spend more, look into the Clifford G5 750 IQ with the intel start module. It will run you about 600 installed, and comes with auto start, glass break sensor, shock sensor, anti code grabbing, head light turn on, and tons of other goodies. What I like the most about it, you can adjust or turn of the sensors via the remote control. Say its storming out and the thunder is setting you alarm of, you can shut off that sensor, or simply turn it down by pressing a few buttons on your remote without ever leaving your easy chair. You can also get the cliffnet wizard, ($40 retail) its a program you load into your laptop, and it alows you to configure the alarm by pressing a few buttons on your computer. Well worth it if you ask me.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1576
thanks guys, ill look into that clifford, just odnt have the money at the momeny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us