Marine Corps Hummer Question

SgtJensen
Unregistered guest
OK, I am a Marine heading to Iraq. My XO wants to be able to listen to music through our speakers, and then when a signal comes over the communications radio, for the music to turn off and then the communication to take over the speakers. Any help would be awesome. PLEASE HELP, and I will need details of anything I need to order since we dont have stores or catalogs here. Thanks ahead of time.

Sgt. J

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 43
what we did in iraq was install 110 power inverters to our alternaters. then we plugged computer speakers in to the inverter along with a portable cd player with a good anti skip. we jipp tied the speaker to the ceiling. my lt would wedge the the hand mic between his chin strap and ear so he could hear the radio and tell us when to turn it down when necessary. they also make ear pieces fro the radios, check with youre supply. have fun

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7449
you'd need a radio with a cellular unterrupt trigger line that mutes the stereo when the line gets voltage. then you need to figure out how to wire in a relay with the comms unit to send 12 volts to that trigger line whenever you have incoming signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us