Port size

matty87
Unregistered guest
Hello
Could someone help me i have purchased a 15" audiobahn sub, and for a SPL ported box it recommends; (2) 4 x 11.25 Inches circular ports, can anyone explain what size this means sorry for being thick thanks x x x

Anonymous

i'm pretty sure its 2 ports, each having 4" diameter and are 11.25" long

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 916
yepo

matty87
Unregistered guest
so they aint circular then im being stupid

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 965
They are circular.

matty87
Unregistered guest
sorry i really dont get this, im gunna have a circular hole with 4in diameter what does the 11.25in mean?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 26
ports are not just a hole in the box, this aplication will require two 4 inch diameter pvc pipes that are cut to 11.25 inches in length and secured to the 4 inch holes in your box.

mattk87
Unregistered guest
oh right thanks a lot didnt know that lol, what do you reckon is the best way so secure a PVC pipe to a MDF box?

Thanks alot

mattk87
Unregistered guest
oh yeh also does it matter where the ports are placed? e.i. back or front, or is it dependant on the sub?
cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 82
Ports can be fired from anywhere out of the box and they will work as for the best place I don't know. My subs are in a closed trunk so I put my ports firing from the top so I could hear them better in the car. If you use 4 inch ports Just make sure where every you put them, you should have 4 inches around them in the box. You need to be 4 inches from the walls and 4 inches away from anything. After I cut the port wholes I put the PCV pipes in with contact cement and a screw in each side at the top. You can buy ports with a flared top for better looks. Any way you go make sure you have the box built right and tuned right or it will sound bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us