Trust crutchfeild with my speaker size?

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 83
Crutchfield says differently than other sites about what size speakers fit my car. i have a 1999 ford contour w\out premium sound. i think i have 6x8's in both front and rear. crutchfield says differently. should i just buy the kind i think/know fit anyway?

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 80
Take the door panels off and verify before you buy...Crutchfield has been wrong a few times but they're pretty good most of the time

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 102
Well definatly dont trust alpine with your speaker size! I have a s10 with 4x6 on the dash and 6.5 in the doors,i already knew that but i was just seeing wut kind of system they recomended(you know there system builder program).Anyways they said i have 6.5 in the dash 5 1/4 in the doors and 6x9 "rear" speakers,come on its a truck i dont even have rear spreakers!! But yea the only way to tell for sure is to take off the door panels and check yourself.

Unregistered guest
if you want to be certain either remove the panels or ask over on www.contour.org < a great website for performance and info on contours

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 46
i've checked several sites for my car, a 98 rodeo. some places say 5 1/4, some place say 6 1/2. i can tell you...neither of them fit. and my original speakers dont have the size written on them. i'm thinking they are a straight 6" no clue though. but yeah those sites are wrong sometimes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us