Possible for bass to damage HU?

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 339
I was playing a couple bass tracks pretty loud then all of a sudden my headunit start resetting, It stays on but the screen keeps resetting. It says hello each time you turn it on, It gets to HE then resets and keeps doing it. I cant do nothing. The power stays on since the screen is light at all times it just keeps resetting allowing me to do nothing to it. Checked all wireing and its fine.

Heres a video of it doing it incase you dont understand what im saying lol

http://www.geocities.com/whitetribal/MVI_0109.AVI

small 1mb download

Silver Member

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 340
bump, Would like to know if this is fixable or not.

Silver Member

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 343
I found out my power wireing comeing from my fuse box to headunit is getting quite hot, Could this be the reason its resetting like this?

Username: Trikosuave

Post Number: 5
Is it a detachable face? if the connection is loose it could come offset when the bass hits. Also try running your yellow constant straight to the battery like you would an amp and see if it still does it. Remember that the ground is just as important as the powe rso make sure that is good too. go from black wire straight to chassis in the radio area instead of using the factory harness' ground. bad ground will cause extra heat on the power wire too.

Username: Trikosuave

Post Number: 6
If you find out it is the Deck, then i have a great deal on my JVC LH300 (http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/overview/index__cat_id--11850000 ,prod_id--11621154,mkt_id--18242768,rf--qgt,qcid--590484036324,kw--jvc+lh300.htm l) email me at trikosuave@hotmail.com and i give you specs and price.

Silver Member

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 347
Everything I saw was wired corrrectly, and it worked fine before playing music this loud. The face plate doesnt come off though. I'll try what you said and get back to ya.

Silver Member

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 363
Found out what the problem was. The ground on my battery was loose. So the battery hasnt been rechargeing. Currently chargeing up the battery, And seems to be helping alot.

Silver Member

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 364
Found out what the problem was. The ground on my battery was loose. So the battery hasnt been rechargeing. Currently chargeing up the battery, And seems to be helping alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us