Hey Jonathan?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 791
I can get both of these head units for the same price which one is a better unit? I have always dealt with Alpine but have heard amazing things about Eclipse. This is for my 17 year old sister in-law who just got her license today and we want to get her a cd player. Both are brand new. Alpine 9823 or Eclipse 54410 thanks man.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3258
I'd take the Eclipse in this case, better head unit of the two. The 9823 is lower down the Alpine line of things. If it's new don't worry, if you're buying a used Eclipse head unit in "brand new" condition, like maybe used once, make SURE they send the ESN key CD so that the unit will unlock once you put power to it.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 793
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D7954912381& category=38646 this says new also the Alpine is brand new as well and it ends in 5 min.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 794
alright well the alpine auction ended so I have some time to figure out the Eclipse unit. I e-mailed the guy to make sure it was brand new I will see what he says. it says it is in the auction but I want to be sure it has never been powered up right. I have never had a eclipse deck before .

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3260
It depends. He has to set up the ESN, if he hasn't done so it's ok. If he has created a key CD, then he'll have to send it so that you can unlock the unit.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 795
alright well i emailed him and asked him if he had ever set anything up on it. I will wait to see what he says. I was just looking for a decent unit around$100. She is never going to hook up amps or subs just to listen to cd's. Thanks for the fast response anyways man. I appreciate it.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 805
I got the e-mail back and he assured me it was brand new only taken out of the box for pic's so I bought it. I will have it on tuesday so I will see how it works out. thanks for the help Jonathan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us