Flagship HU for audio only. Alpine,Clarion,Eclipse,Pioneer or what?

Bronze Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 45
Im wanna get a Head Unit specifically for MUSIC only. It has to be the best sound ever. I want great sq and spl. I need 3 preouts at 4 volts or better. I have 3 amps that ill be running. What do you guys think???

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 220
best hu for sq will probably be the alpine CDA-7990 .. i think u need to buy there F#1 processor with it to .. the hu alone will set u back 3g

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
No thanks mark...no way i whould spend that much for a headunit. I just want somthing around $500-$600. I have had 2 alpines in the past and have done there job. I am looking into the eclipses which i have never had and also clarion. Whats the way to go for that price range?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3254
Your choice. Take a look at the features offered and also the ergonomics of the head unit. The best head unit for you is one you can use. You know Alpines work, I can tell you Eclipses are just as good, I've used them for years now without any problems at all and they have excellent SQ. Clarions Proaudio series and Pioneer Premier units are great decks as well. They all sound about the same SQ wise, it's the DSP they offer that differs. If you want something a little different, look into the McIntosh and Nakamichi head units.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
See i wanna wait for the new Eclipe's and Alpines to be available before i make up my mind. They are suppose to be out soon. The Eclipse 8454 won the grand prix sound award for 2004. Ive read alot of good things about it. But its damn hard to get since eclipse doesnt do internet sales. DSP wise the new alpines and Eclipse are gonna be good. I want somthing to go nice with my 2 jl 500/1's,2 jl 12w6v2's, and my 2 channel ppi pcx 2200 for my componants.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
anyone else have any recommendations?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
I wasnt to impressed with the MX feature on Alpine decks..anyone else think that bass engine could of been better??? I have mine set at 1 for now with my 2 jl 12w6v2's

KZR
Unregistered guest
I have a radio for you it might not be available anymore this crutchfeild is 2 years old it is a Blaupunkt san Fransico it has a 33*4 watt internal amp oh yeah that is rms 65*4 max forget 4 volts try 6 volts with 4 pre outs front rear center and subwoofer the price in 03 was $550 that was 2 years ago and it was in a crutchfeild hey can someone help me look the post "alpine cda 7897 can I fix it"

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
I just recently got the Eclipse CD8454 HU and i cant wait to get it installed..

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 123
mo you change youre mind like you change your under wear. didnt you just say last week that you bought an eclipse head unit off ebay. all i see is you asking the same thing over and over. its pretty funny. does any body else agree with me. it seems like youre more concerned with other peoples oppinions then your own.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
Yeah thats the same one from ebay. I think the post had somthing to do with Head Units and flagship Hu from those company's listed on the thread not your dumb opinion about what i mentioned. This is a forum about car audio not about me changing my mind. Get it right

Just Deep
Unregistered guest
MO

I would recommend you the Pioneer and Eclipse. Alpine head units sounds harsh and edgy in top end.

Try pioneer DEH-P8600MP or DEH-P77MP (good quality, meant for SQ).

If you can manage, the end of your search will be Clarion DRZ-9255.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7515
"Im wanna get a Head Unit specifically for MUSIC only. It has to be the best sound ever."

Alpine F#1Status. Period.

If you're going to set price limits, don't use phrases like "I need the best ever"

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
I have alpine and eclipse..THose are two brands that i will stick with for a while.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us