Amp for front speakers

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 508
I plan on getting an amp for my front speakers butt I'm worried about interference in them. I know that the power wire running to my sub amp in the trunk produces noise so it would prolly not be wise to run a speaker wire going to one of the speakers next to the power wire. If I was to buy some twisted speaker wire would I still get anyy\ interference?

Silver Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 132
if you're getting noise, it could be your grounding location. try grounding your amp to a different point; you may eliminate the noise. i've never fixed a noise problem by rerouting the power cable - its location doesn't seem to matter. grounds, on the other hand, can make a huge difference sometimes by just moving them a few inches.

it's very hard to pick up noticeable interference in speaker wires. i've never been able to do it. but you're right that it's a good idea not to route them parallel and close to the power wires.

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 77
It's usually either the ground wire or your RCA's are to close to the power wire.
Like Aaron said I've never fixed any noise problem with moving the power wire.
I, on the other hand, have never had a problem running speaker wire along with the power wire as long as the RCA's are on the other side of the vehicle (just my experience though).

KnuKonceptz sells some great twisted 14ga. speaker wire for a nice price if you're intereted.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 510
Alright so I don't have to worry about where I run my speakers wires? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us