Natural Sounding Components

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
I was wondering what are some of the most natural sounding component sets out there? I like natural sounding speakers because I want my music to sound as realistic as possible, I just don't have $1000 to spend on a pair of dynaudio 360 series speakers or the room to put in an 8" woofer and a 3" midrange. So i am looking for the most natural sounding 6.5" component set. Should I still go with Dynaudio and just get a different set like the 240GT or is there anything else out there that compares to it?

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 71
I personally like CDT for natural sound and the price is hard to beat for the quality you get.

Doug W
Unregistered guest
what specific CDT speakers are the best? Does anyone else have any suggestions on the most natural sounding 6.5" component sets?

Doug W
Unregistered guest
what specific CDT speakers are the best? Does anyone else have any suggestions on the most natural sounding 6.5" component sets?

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
I was looking at the Dynaudio series 240 GT components. Are those any good compared to some CDT components? Which of the 6.5" component sets would be the best for the most realistic sound? I'm all about SQ!

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 73
From what I have heard is that Dynaudio are some of the best natural sounding speakers you can buy, but can't verify that for you. All I know is I'm extremely happy with the CDT's I purchased (they sound so nice that I have the EQ on the head unit set to "flat" and am hearing parts of music that I've never heard in the car before...can hear it at home on my Polk LSi's & in headphones).

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 420
which cdts do you hvae

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
I know glasswolf has a set of dynaudio speakers, so can you or anyone else maybe recommend a good 2 channel amp for a Dynaudio system 240 GT component set? The website says they have 100 watts continues power handling but I talked to a guy at a shop and he said they can handle more, his exact words were "They are power hungry maniacs". So can anybody tell me a good amp to run them?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 946
I told you The Orion HCCA 2100 is a perfect amp for those. Glass runs his off an Orion XTR 2250 I believe.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3307
There are plenty of amps that will power them, but it totally depends on your price range. How much can you spend? BTW, Glasswolf uses the System 360 Dyns, they require more power than the 240 set.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 957
"I know glasswolf has a set of dynaudio speakers, so can you or anyone else maybe recommend a good 2 channel amp for a Dynaudio system 240 GT component set?"

yup but he seems to care about what Glass is running so I figured I would mention the same thing just a little smaller.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3312
In that case, the 2125SX would be a perfect match :-) He uses the SX amp in his Jeep, IMO that was the best generation of Orion amps ever made.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 958
yeha I used to sell those amps. They were amazing.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
I just don't have that kind of money here are some amps I'm looking at. Which of these amps would be the best? Are the Soundstream or Hifonics amps any good? I would like to get one of them because they are they cheapest and these speakers, subs, have drained my budget. But I will spend the extra money if it is really worth it.

JBL PX600.2 (RMS 180x2 @ 4 ohms) ($340)
Zapco 350.2 (RMS 100x2 @ 4 ohms) ($315)
Hifonics Zeus ZX6000 (RMS 150x2 @ 4ohms) ($230)
Soundstream VGA400.2 (RMS 100x2 @ 4 Ohms) ($200)
VGA600.2 (RMS 150x2 @ 4 Ohms) ($230)

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just don't have that kind of money here are some amps I'm looking at. Which of these amps would be the best? Are the Soundstream or Hifonics amps any good? I would like to get one of them because they are they cheapest and these speakers, subs, have drained my budget. But I will spend the extra money if it is really worth it.

JBL PX600.2 (RMS 180x2 @ 4 ohms) ($340)
Zapco 350.2 (RMS 100x2 @ 4 ohms) ($315)
Hifonics Zeus ZX6000 (RMS 150x2 @ 4ohms) ($230)
Soundstream VGA400.2 (RMS 100x2 @ 4 Ohms) ($200)
VGA600.2 (RMS 150x2 @ 4 Ohms) ($230)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1002
out of those amps the Zapco is by far the best then soundstream with a very very close JBL then hifonics. Maybe switch the soundstream and the JBL but I havnt heard great things about the new JBL's. I would go Zapco.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
Ok ill probably go with the Zapco. Does anyone know where I can get one for kind of cheap online because I have been looking lately and the only one i can find is one on ebay for the $315 that I said earlier but that won't be up there forever so is there a website out the that I could try to find one on?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3322
It's on www.woofersetc.com for $379
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us