Amp Problem

Unregistered guest
I love my bass but i am not big into slamming my brains out, and rattling my Grand Prix all apart so i got this Bazooka (ELA5001) 700 max amp running two 12" Bazooka subs (ELW12142. Everything was fine until i took my box out one day because i needed trunk room. When i put my box back in and hooked everything back up the light on the sub which is either green, or red of course green being online stays on for about 3 seconds then goes red everytime. But then when i pull out my RCA cables the light stays green, and as soon as i plug my RCA's back in it goes red, so obviously its something to do with my RCA..... i think, i am on a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP deck also.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1527
When you took out the box, did you unhook the amp, sub, rca cables, speaker wires etc.?
It could be that one of the speaker wires are shorting out. Check all of them carefully.
It's very rare for RCA cable to go bad.
Also check your gain/level setting. Maybe it got accidently turned to max.

GTX Driver
Unregistered guest
Ill go look at it right now, but i have messed with the cables trying to get it to work already

GTX Driver
Unregistered guest
Still doing it, i turned all the settings, but now its not doing it with the rca cables its doing it with the speaker wire going to the subs, its fine until the speaker wire hits the amp then it goes red

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 698
sounds like the amp is grounding out Isaac what do you think?

GTX Driver
Unregistered guest
thats one thing i havent looked at real hard, the ground ill try that

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1529
Okay, unhook the rca cables from the HU. Attach the speakers and turn on the amp by connecting the remote wire to the pos wire. See if the protection light comes on. If not, then with one of your finger touch the rca cable lightly. It should cause the amp to hum. If you hear that then check the other channel for the same sound.
If you get sound without the amp shutting down then your amp is good.
Did you double check the gain/level control on the amp? If set too high, it'll cause protection to kick in with signal from HU.
If you have a portable cd player, you could hook it up to the amp's input rca terminals and test it further.
If the above test passes, then you know the problem lies somewhere between the rca and the HU.

GTX Driver
Unregistered guest
ok ill take a look
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us