Alpine 9827 vs. alpine 9830, and hows my system?

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 77
im looking to upgrade the stock system in my car, starting with the HU. i've never had a system before, and im not into competitions or things like that. just something that will last and sounds good, and where i can feel the bass.

heres what i have planned so far
alpine 9830($250)
2 pioneer 3way front($56)
2 infinity 2way 6802 rear($65)
1 12" alpine type r ($120)
a sub amp (dunno what kind) (lookin around 100-150 ebay)
total around $620

is it a decent system for the price?

also, wil it make a difference if i get the alpine 9827 instead? the only major sq diff i see is the bass engine plus on the 9830 vs. the regular bass engine on the 9827.

i have 250 dollars max to spend on an HU. i want alpine, but if u have a better idea for an HU, im open to any suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 78
by the way... its a $50 difference between the 30 and the 27.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 214
sounds decent .. u could scrap the rear speakers and get a better pair of fronts or more money to teh amp.. u dont really need rears .. im assuming u are getting the older type r not the 05 model if so get an amp that will deliver 300 - 500 rms power .. mrd m350 gives over 350 watts rms and "retails" for 360 u of course could get it for much cheaper ... unless your buying the sub from a store where u get a good warrenty which doesnt look like it for the price the mrd m350 would be perfect much less risk of blowing it ..

Username: Joe_pilk

Reading, PA USA

Post Number: 3
Definitely scrap those fronts, I would keep the rears, but maybe some polk's or another pair of infinity's up front. If you're not running a 4 channel amp, maybe polk will work a bit better, the db series has very little distortion even when they're only run off a head unit's internal amp, and you can find them online fairly cheap. I work at a circuit city in the mobile audio dept. and they go on sale here for about $80 fairly often, but I know they can be found for about 60-70 online, probably even cheaper on Ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us