Ways Of Wiring 2 HeadUnits?

Username: Swanks

Post Number: 9
I recently purchased an lcd screen and mp3/dvd player. I modded my dash and created a slot and retainer for the dvd player. Im wondering what my best route would be for this.

1) Wire both cdplayer and dvdplayer wires together then into harness, run seperate grounds to the chassy for each. Use y cables to split the preamp output to both HU's.

2) Wire up my dvdplayer and run rca's from my cdplayer into my aux input.

I know i shouldnt rn into any issues with option 1) though just wondering if i should run any extra relays or wire things a bit different.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Post Number: 10
I wired it up via 1) and automatically knew that wasnt going to work as i was only able to get music out of the dvd unit and when attempting to use just my cd player all i was getting was bass. The only thing that I can think to do would be to wire in a switch and toggle it back and fourth whenever i wanted to use each other. I do know its most likely throwing back in some nasty feedback as you can tell with the clarity and alternator whining.

Any other ideas anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
bump

Username: Trikosuave

Post Number: 3
If money is avail, buy a new head unit that has an input for the dvd player, you will get best sound quality thru that and it will overall be neater. as far as power, seperate everything. try to run new wires to the fuse box/battery for switched/constant. better to do it right the first time. if you cant buy a new deck try to find out if your deck has an aux input adapter and do it that way. it would make switching betwen the two a lot cleaner and easier.

Username: Trikosuave

Post Number: 4
I can even do you one better. Im selling my JVC LH300 (seen here: http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/overview/index__cat_id--11850000 ,prod_id--11621154,mkt_id--18242768,rf--qgt,qcid--590484036324,kw--jvc+lh300.htm l) for $175 shipped. It comes with the JVC line out adapter ($50) that turns the weird jvc connection to a left and rigth rca female set. then all you have to do is hit a button and the display will show "line-In" and it will sound good. It has 3 sets of 4V outputs for further expansion too. let me know at trikosuave@hotmail.com . BTW its only 8 months old. and in mint condish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Went ahead and bought JVC's new KD-DV5100 since it has both dvd and cd options and allows their new gigamp3 option enabling over 100 hours of mp3 playback on a dvd. Ended up getting a brand new model with 1 year warranty through a great store for $240 shipped!

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=62700&I=257KDDV510

Cant wait for my indashes to get in so i can complete this all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us