Expert Recommandation on which COMPONANT SPEAKERS?

Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1
Im having a hard time deciding which of the following componant speakers to get for my toyota camry. Infinity 5.1 Perfects,Infinity Kappa 50.5CS, Jl Audio XR525-CSI, MB Quart PCE-213,MB Quart RCE-213. I mostly listen to rap and dance music and rock. My budget is around $240. Also i will be using Alpine MRP-F240 for them which is 100x2 rms bridged or maybe my ppi pcx 2200 which is 200x2 rms stereo and thats 2 channels. Which amp whould be better guys? Let me know what to do. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
For the alpine which componant is the ideal. I also was thinking about the Diamond Audio M651 5.25 componants. I heard good things about them. ANy suggestions. I listen to mostly rap and electronica.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
any feedback?

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Whats a good amplifier for a set of Diamond Audio M651 Componants if it can handle 20-150 rms. Whats the best choice amplifier for this set at a good price??

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 85
check out focal componets

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
ill check them out.. Whats the best and cheapest place to buy them online??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3437
In that price range I'd look at the Adire Audio Kodas. Fantastic component set. They were on sale not too long ago, I'm sure they will be again fairly soon. If not you can scour ebay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
adire audio kodas??? cool ill take your word and look into them. Where can i find them online besides ebay?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3440
http://www.acoustic-visions.com
They're on backorder for now, but they'll get more shortly. Patience pays off :-) You can read the technical datas and download the owners manual on www.adireaudio.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
so out of all the componants out there for my price range this is the best for me huh? im curious now

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
Hey jOnathan the price is $349 for those. I said my price range was $240 and that was online. I didnt see any on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 90
acaraudio.com and woofersetc.com and boostcaraudio.com

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3443
I know, they were on sale around $250 not too long ago and I think (but not sure) they'll be on sale not far from now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Hey jonathan i got a ppi white art 300.2 amp now. Its 75 watts rms x2 at 4 ohms between 11-14 volts. Underated. What kinda componants to go with. Im thinking MB quart PCE series.

Bronze Member
Username: An_eagalach

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 66
I answered with some decent speaker prices on your PPI Art post on the amp section in here, but there you hadn't put your budget price. Kappa Perfect 6.1's are $220 at http://shop.store.yahoo.com/vipmobileonline/24.html

You can get the CDT 61a's for $150 at thezeb.com, if you really want best bang for the buck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
How about the Bostons neil? The pro ones you mentioned earliar. WHouldnt i be underpowering them with the a300.2 ppi amp.? I wanna get the best overall out of those for this particular amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
?

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 67
We're carrying on parallel threads here, yeah, in your other posting in the amp section I mentioned the Boston ProSeries 6.5 as being my personal preference at $339. They are 3-ohm speakers, as I mentioned. Your amp, from what has been said here, pushes 75w into 4 ohms and 150w into 2 ohms, so yes, it would be stable at 3 ohms, and the output would be somewhere in between. I'm not up on how to calculate that exactly, I don't know if you could just split the difference and say 112.5w per channel or not. I think the Boston Pro's would do just fine with this amp.

Jonathan, what would you say about 1) the power output and 2) the match between the BA Pro 6.5's and the PPI Art a300.2?

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 68
MO, link to product manual: http://www.bostonacoustics.com/manuals/ProSeriesCompMan.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
Thanks Neil..ill probably order them soon. So they must sound good with any kind of music huh..

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
Whats the best and lowest price place online i can find them neil?

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Also what is the RMS Rating on the bostons you mentioned?

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 70
Check your amp posting for the price question, but as far as RMS rating -- the manual says 20 to 400 watts... I've never seen that kind of range before in speaker specs. But in all seriousness, your PPI Art a300.2, like all "good era" PPI amps, is conservatively rated, so that, plus the fact that the BA's are 3-ohm speakers leads me to believe that they will do just fine with your amp. With the BA 6.5's I hear of people driving them with anywhere from 100 to 200 watts RMS per channel.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
thanks neil

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 73
Let us know how things end up, and how they sound. And maybe some pics of your install?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Hey Neil im not to far from annandale,va IM in the rockville,md area. I will let you know once i get things installed.

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 75
Hi, neighbor! Great, you're not far at all. Definitely let me know, I'd like to see how it turns out. Plus, I need some installation work done on my car stereo, so if you find somebody really good and reasonably priced, I would certainly be interested.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
Neil..i got the person for you. WE may have to work somthing out. Let me know what you need done and ill let him know and go from there. Do you have aim or yahoo or anything?

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 76
You can e-mail me directly at nmcconnell@devassoc.com

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 22
I have boston rc620's front and back in mine and luv em crank em all the way to work and back every day great set
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us