Clarion Din Cable to RCA inputs/Sirius Radio

Username: Toadly

Post Number: 1
I have a Clarion 7575z stereo installed. I want to hook up one of the aftermarket sit on the dash style Sirius radios. Yesterday, I was at Best Buy and they told me I had no RCA inputs. I did some research and found that I could hook a cable up to the Din (13 pin) slot. However, through all of my searching I can't find a cable that converts 13 pin to RCA inputs. Does one of these exist? Also, will it function if I use a Kenwood cable that does this if I have a Clarion unit? Or do they make a converter to go from din male cable to RCA inputs that I can attach to the cable once hooked into the stereo?

ee_engineer
Unregistered guest
When you use your clarion stereo and select cd changer it tries to communicate over the 13 pin din cable to the cd changer. If you do not have one it will not be able to handshake and it will not attempt to play the audio that is on the audio input pins on the din cable. Thus, you need to either get a cd changer or a cd changer modulator if you want to use the din cable. If you get a cd changer then you can handshake with the cd changer. You can then splice into the audio input wires of the cable and attach them to a dual throw switch. Thus either the cd audio or the RCA inputs are connected to the audio inputs of the cd changer. You could then flip a switch to select which ones. This is a bit ghetto. Some people make a cd changer modulator mainly for ipods. So that the stereo will talk to this "box" and thinks it is a cd changer. Thus when you press next song on the stereo it sends that command to the "box" and thus translates that to the next song command on the ipod. Both options are not ideal or cheap for adding satellite radio. I would sell your stereo and get one with auxilliary inputs or sat radio already installed.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 867
Wow, nice post, are you really an engineer?

Unregistered guest
i have a kenwood cd player and i have a clarion cd changer and they both have diffrent plug in so is there a cable that can hook up to the kenwood cd player with a 13 pin circle plug in and the clarion plug in

Cary K.
Unregistered guest
While we are on the subject, does anyone know the wiring assignments in the 13 pin connector?

Andy Earnshaw
Unregistered guest
this will help you guys:

http://nodivisions.com/tech/kenwood_aux_adapter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us